Default Emancipation Law In Kentucky

Okay, I am currently living in richmond, ky. My mother, sister, and myself recently moved from grand rapids, mi this past spring. She is currently going through a custody battle and divorce with my stepdad in michigan right now over my little brother. my father who my mother has been divorced from for over 12 years now decided that this would be the perfect time to file for custody of my sister and myself. He has told my himself that he planned this out. My father has had child services called on him numerous times. I don't know who called but that's what pushed him over the edge. I need to get out of this predicament and quick. I have told my mother that I want to move out. I know that Kentucky has no emancipation laws but I'm curious as to whether i can move out or not.

Default Emancipation

Michigan does recognize emancipation, if you still lived there.

Moving out, with or without your mother's permission (in the latter case it's called "running away") would probably help your father in the custody case.

well this custody case is almost over and the courts should have a definate answer soon and i'm leaving after it's over. I know that michigan has an emancipation law but i've lived in kentucky for over 6 months so i'm a legal resident now......unfortunately. is there any way that i could move in with a friend or my parents relenquish custody to another family member or friend's family?

if someone could please get back to me soon i need to get all the info so i can start on the paperwork. my parents have been going back and forth like this for the past 12 years and i dont see it stopping any time soon. your help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

1. Sponsored Links