Default Statutory Rape Charges

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    Florida law also provides:
    My son is now 17 and he will be 18 in May 08. He was seeing a girl who is 14 and she will be 15 in Feb. 08. They were in love and were sexually active and the parents didn't want the two to see each other. They are pressing charges for statutory rape. My son was confronted by a detective and he hasn't seen her since. How can this be if they have been seeing each other for a year and a half? Is there anything we can do? What will they do to him? Will they make him register as a sex offender. Are there any loopholes or laws to protect him. Please help!

Default Re: Statutory Rape Charges

How long they've been seeing each other isn't relevent. Just because the parents have been aware of the activity doesn't negate that it is still statutory rape. What you CAN do is get him a good attorney, remind him to ONLY discuss his case with his attorney (not family, friends, HER, etc.), and listen very carefully when the attorney lays out possible diversion pleas. Sex offender registration requirements are a possibility.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

Default Re: Statutory Rape Charges

Quote Quoting CKMAY
    View Post
    My son is now 17 and he will be 18 in May 08. He was seeing a girl who is 14 and she will be 15 in Feb. 08. They were in love and were sexually active and the parents didn't want the two to see each other. They are pressing charges for statutory rape. My son was confronted by a detective and he hasn't seen her since. How can this be if they have been seeing each other for a year and a half? Is there anything we can do? What will they do to him? Will they make him register as a sex offender. Are there any loopholes or laws to protect him. Please help!
    Why in the heck would a 18 year old be seeing a 14 year old in the first place? I could understand a 16 year old, but 14 is REALLY pushing it.

I suggest you contact a good lawyer asap, but even then, it really wont do much good... If he's convicted, he might have to register for life.

1. Sponsored Links