Default Reentry After Deportation for Conviction

i notice the question about the time for re-entry, now if a person was convicted for possession of a firearm, would that take five to ten years for re-entry???????????????????
    also how does pardons work if you are convicted and deported or are you even capable of recieving a pardon if you are convitced and deported. i also notice that voluntary departure is different than deportation, will the difference of the two reduce time in quailifying for re-entry?? anything helps thank you so much for this forum.......

Default Deportation and Reentry to the United States

If you are convicted of possession of a firearm, and are deported, it will probably be ten years before you are eligible to apply for reentry, but your application may well be denied because of the conviction.

If you choose voluntary departure, that should avoid the specific waiting period before you can apply for reentry (although you may have a separate waiting period to reapply for certain visas, depending upon your status during the prior residency and the form of visa you use to apply for reentry). However, again, your felony conviction may result in the denial of your application for reentry, as may the underlying basis for the deportation proceedings.

If you successfully obtain a pardon or expungement of the conviction (or convictions) that formed the basis for the deportation or denial of entry, that alone may not be enough to regain entry. The BSCIS may require that the pardon or expungement be made on the basis of innocence, as opposed to on the basis that you have subsequently reformed your character, and if the BSCIS determines that the conviction was set aside on a basis other than innocence it is likely to continue to hold the conviction against you.

Default voluntary deportation

my boyfriend has been locked up for 7 years. he has accepted the deal of guilty to involuntary man slaughter, time served and voluntatry deportion. how long would it take for him to reenter the country with me marrying him. We have been together for 10 years. I am a U. S. citizen.

Default Immigration and Crime

Your question is being addressed here.

Default Re: voluntary deportation

Quote Quoting alyzsony
    View Post
    my boyfriend has been locked up for 7 years. he has accepted the deal of guilty to involuntary man slaughter, time served and voluntatry deportion. how long would it take for him to reenter the country with me marrying him. We have been together for 10 years. I am a U. S. citizen.
    this is a pretty old post, either way, due to the fact that man slaughter is an aggravated felony before immigration judges, the odds are he will not be able to return to the country. Not even by marrying a US citizen nor having american children. It is an absolute NO.

Default Re: voluntary deportation

Quote Quoting lefezua
    View Post
    this is a pretty old post, either way, due to the fact that man slaughter is an aggravated felony before immigration judges, the odds are he will not be able to return to the country. Not even by marrying a US citizen nor having american children. It is an absolute NO.
    Gee...thank you so much ~ we were just dying to get the answer to a 4 year old post!!!

1. Sponsored Links