Default Bond Reduction

My estranged husband was arrested June 1st and had a $300,000 bond, for some heinous threats he made to me Intimidating a Witness IE me in the states charges against him on some worthless felony checks, he wasn't able to get a court appointed lawyer until a week ago who of course asked for a bond reduction he got it reduced to $100,000. Why on earth do they set it that high then lower it.
    He actually thinks the judge believes him now hat he didn't do it and that's why it was lowered. What's the deal anyone take a stab?

Default Re: Bond Reduction

Many times a lawyer will ask for a bond reduction & get it if he can convince the judge the person is not a flight risk, etc.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Quote Quoting italiungrl
    View Post
    My estranged husband was arrested June 1st and had a $300,000 bond, for some heinous threats he made to me Intimidating a Witness IE me in the states charges against him on some worthless felony checks, he wasn't able to get a court appointed lawyer until a week ago who of course asked for a bond reduction he got it reduced to $100,000. Why on earth do they set it that high then lower it.
    He actually thinks the judge believes him now hat he didn't do it and that's why it was lowered. What's the deal anyone take a stab?
    Bond reductions are VERY common. Most of the time, all a lawyer has to do is ask for it.

A bond reduction does not mean a judge believes him. If that was he case he would drop the charges. It's just a measure to reduce jail over crowing.

It's so crowded here we have started to use PR bonds. This means you can get out for free, but if you flee you will have to pay the FULL amount.

Quote Quoting italiungrl
    View Post
    Why are you even talking to him?

You must have received the wrong impression Im not speaking to him.
    This all came from the newspaper.

If he's making statements like that to a newspaper, his lawyer should be... displeased.

1. Sponsored Links