Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WalMart Return Fraud

Hi, I been return frauding WalMart for a while now, and last time I went to return there, I have a weird feeling as if they know what I am doing. I only used cash and never used card. I always signed the receipts in false name. Is it possible for them to track me down or something? Like getting licesne plate in back of my car or something? Or put my face in wanted poster? I know I am never gonna do this anymore, but I am really worried now. How many days can they file a charge? Do they record everything that I do and file a case later?

Default Re: WalMart Return Fraud?

Quote Quoting 13243546
    View Post
    Hi, I been return frauding WalMart for a while now, and last time I went to return there, I have a weird feeling as if they know what I am doing. I only used cash and never used card. I always signed the receipts in false name. Is it possible for them to track me down or something? Like getting licesne plate in back of my car or something? Or put my face in wanted poster? I know I am never gonna do this anymore, but I am really worried now. How many days can they file a charge? Do they record everything that I do and file a case later?
    Yes, like the camera that was pointed towards you when you completed each of these transactions.

I only used cash, and always used fake name. If I dont go to the store for like 180 days, can they still charge me? How will they track me down?

Are you saying that, in less than 2 hours since you last posted, you went to WalMart AGAIN?

No, I was typing up a possible sceneario, but I saw your post and posted reply. But yes, I do have a friend that does the same thing with me all the time. Can they track me and my friend down? I only used cash.

they do have you on camera and the time limit is MUCH more than 180 days.

so now, every time you enter a Wal_mart, I would have reason to be fearful as they may be simply waiting until you return to grab you.

Default Re: WalMart Return Fraud

Stores keep track of suspicious return customers, mostly those who return items on a regular basis. Some stores have a return/exchange database where names and some basic personal information were entered into each time a person returns itemes of significant value. Still some stores look for individuals who purchase items from one store and return them to other chain stores.

A $9 item might seem not worth much on its own, but the habit of returning/exchanging items can grow unthinkably. And obsession is certainly a character problem.

Wink Re: WalMart Return Fraud

First, I would suggest that you do not admit that you are return frauding WalMart. Second, "frauding" is not a word. You are defrauding the company. They take this seriously. I know for a fact that Wal Mart and Target have teams that track people down. Also, they monitor the internet and use websites as ways to initiate investigations. I work with people from Wal Mart on a weekly basis and we compare refund trends and theft trends.

Good luck when you get caught.

Oh - hire a lawyer too, you will need one.
    Not worth my time...

Quote Quoting 13243546
    View Post
    Can they track me and my friend down?
    Short answer - yes.

Long answer - as long as there is a transaction (IE the original transaction or the refund transaction) you can be tracked.
    Not worth my time...

Default Re: WalMart Return Fraud

So..they care soo much about $17 bux products that they are willing to hire a private investigator to track me instead of trying to catch a professional shoplifter? Sweet

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast