Default Statutory Rape Laws in Illinois

Ok so im goin to illinois with my girlfriend and im from Fl im goin there to visit for 4 days. You can read my post but in FL me and her are legal but if we go up to IL and let say get aressted is it a crime if im just visiting..i found this dont know what it means..

Statutory Rape / Child Molestation

* Criminal Sexual Assault: person has sexual penetration with a person less than 18 years of age who is a family member; or, sexual penetration with person at least 13 but under 18 and defendant is 17+ and in apposition of trust. (Class 1 felony)
    * Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault: Criminal sexual assault where defendant displayed dangerous weapon, or caused bodily harm, or threatened or endangered life of victim, or delivered a controlled substance, or was armed with a firearm, or personally discharged a firearm, or, where defendant is under 17 commits act of sexual penetration with victim under 9 or under 13 and defendant used force or threat of force. (Class X felony)
    * Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault of a Child: person 17+ has sexual penetration with person under 13. (Class X felony)
    * Criminal Sexual Abuse: person under 17 commits act of sexual penetration or sexual conduct with a person 9 to 16 years of age; or, where person commits act of sexual penetration or sexual conduct with a person at least 13 but under 17 and defendant is less than 5 years older than victim. (Class A Misdemeanor) **reasonable mistake as to age of victim is a defense as to this charge**
    * Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse: (1)Criminal Sexual Abuse where displayed or threatened to use a firearm, caused bodily harm, threatened or endangered life of victim, victim under 18 and a family member; or (2) where person 17+ has sexual conduct with person under 13, or where victim 13 to 17 but force or threat of force used; or, (3) person under 17 has sexual conduct with person under 9, or over 9 and under 17 and force or threat of force used; or, (4) person has penetration or sexual conduct with person at least 13 but under 17 and defendant is at least 5 years older than victim; or, (5) person has sexual conduct with person at least 13 but under 18 and defendant 17+ and held a position of trust or authority as to victim. (Class 2 felony)
    SITUATION:
    im 20 years old my girlfriend is 16 turning 17 on the 14th of october. Just want to know if its ok to go to another state togeather and lets say get in trouble. what will happen

Default Re: Statutory Rape Laws in Illinois

You have to follow the laws of the state you are in. Please read this.

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    You have to follow the laws of the state you are in. Please read this.
    but even when i read that FL says "Florida 18 illegal illegal"
    but yet that isnt the age limit as in the romeo clause in FL which makes me and my girlfriend legal. so is there any way around in illinois law like an exception law.

As that thread indicates, if you are concerned that you will be committing statutory rape or another sex crime, but nonetheless wish to pursue the relationship, consult a lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links