Default Leaving Home To Live With A Boyfriend

Hi, my name is Jhermynne and I have been having problems at home, and I just can't stay here anymore, so I thought about leaving home. When I do leave I plan on living with my boyfriend and his parents and my parents knows where that is. My only concern is that my parents might get his parents in trouble even though it was on my own free will.So I was thinking about emancipation but I don't want to go through all that court stuff and things, and I was wondering if there was any other choice I can make. All I need is to leave this house and get away, because I have been living with all the emotional abuse for so long, and I'm tired of it.

Default Re: Leaving Home To Live With A Boyfriend

Whether or not you can emancipate depends upon your age, the laws of your country and state, and your ability to support yourself.

Well, I'm 16 and I was reading through the requirements in CT, where I live, and it states that:
    " You must be married, or
    You must be in the U.S. armed forces, or
    You must be living apart from your parents or guardian and be managing your own money, or
    The court must decide that an emancipation is in the best interests of you, or your parents, or your minor child (if you have one)."
    I plan to live with my boyfriend parents and I'm waiting to talk to my counselor and talk to her about it. I am also waiting on a job. I know that if I leave, my dad wont mind, but my mom might.I just don't want to go through any court stuff but I don't want his parents to get in trouble because they are just helping me out. I thought about having my counselor to tell my parents that I left home and I'm safe and I'm ok, but I'm a bit iffy on that.

If you leave without permission and go to them they very well may end up in legal trouble.

BTW, no judge is going to emancipate a teen, particularly over the objections of her parents, so that she can go and live with her boyfriend. That is simply not going to happen.

Emancipation is VERY rare and was not designed to allow kids to leave home. The emancipation laws were put into place so as to provide protections to those teens who, through no fault of their own, found themselves in the position of having (not wanting) to be self-supporting.

1. Sponsored Links