Default Possible Probation Violation for Leaving the State

I may have a probation violation, I went out of state to prepare and file bankruptcy and my ex told me if I wasn't going to stay with him he would turn me in to my probation officer. He did. She said she would notify the court, I asked her what if anything she had heard back from them and she said nothing. I feel like she isn't telling me anything. My next appointment is on the 25th and I am afraid I will be arrested. I need to find out how much trouble I am in and what I can do to stay out of jail. Can anyone help with this?

Default Re: Possible Probation Violation for Leaving the State

Why did you have to go "out of state to prepare and file bankruptcy"? Why didn't you seek authorization from your probation officer?

In the state of Texas, you have to prove two years residence. I had been living in Misssouri, where I was supposed to be transfered. I tried for three years to get the transfer, no one could get it done right. Then, after living there, with travel permission and permission from my former probation officer, they told me no one would be getting transfers, in fact no one would be even going out of state. I had $85,000 in debt and the creditors were beginning to sue me. I went back up there in April of this year, got a job in a treatment center for women, and got with an attorney then proceeded to get the money together and filed. I left on August 19th. During this time, I never missed an appointment, kept my fees up to date the best I could and always attended my AA meetings. He didn't want me leaving, and I had to. We weren't getting along anyway and he is mentally ill to some extent. My P.O. isn't telling me anything and I'm really worried.
    Any advice?

I forgot to mention, I have never had any other violations and have 41 clean ua's. I also never missed an appointment. Is there a possibility that this is a hearsay case? Since he called and told on me for being out of state?
    Any information is appreciated!

As I have no way of knowing whether your probation officer is considering violating you, I suggest you consult a local criminal defense lawyer.

I went today for my appointment. Before I went, I checked with the bonding companies here in Houston, TX. There were no warrants. I also checked with my attorney, he called the desk at the courthouse at the court I have my deferred adjudication in and there was nothing pending. I went in for my appointment, and my p.o. told me, " If you need to go out of town, just ask for a pass!" . I can't believe this worked out so well. Also, I have 42 Clean UA's and have never missed an appointment. I have been so scared and confused, I am really grateful that this worked out ok.

Well, there you go. I'm happy it worked out.

1. Sponsored Links