Default Purchasing and Furnishing Alcohol To a Minor in Michigan

I was recently charged with the following in Michigan:

750.145 Minor; contributing to neglect or delinquency &
    456.1701 Selling or furnishing alcoholic liquor to person less than 21 years of age

I have no criminal record what-so-ever and I didn't even buy the liquor, somebody else did and it took place at my house.

What can I expect as a result from this if it goes to court? I plan on hiring an attorney but can't speak with one until Wednesday. Are there programs that I can get into to get only on probation without serving jail time and not having this on my record?

What kind of proof would the prosecution need to get a conviction? Can 3 witness statements saying "yes" and 3 witness statements saying "no" be enough? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Purchasing and Furnishing Alcohol To a Minor in Michigan

Whether you would be able to avoid a conviction will depend upon the full facts, your age, and county policies. Your lawyer should be able to advise you.

I don't know what you mean by "3 witness statements saying 'yes' and 3 witness statements saying 'no'". If you mean they have three witnesses who say you furnished the alcohol, that's plenty to get a conviction.

Turns out I am not being charged with the Contributing to Minor Delinquency; however my friends are along with the Purchasing/Furnishing alcohol to minors and that is all I am being charged with.

My friends both have the same judge and court date however I have a different judge and different court date; is this because they are being charged with 2 misdemeanors and I am only being charged with 1?

If I have a clean criminal record are there any programs that I can get into to not get a conviction? I'm almost certain I wont see any jail time out of this but I really don't want a conviction.

Also, to be charged with furnishing alcohol to minors, isn't the state required to charge the minors with MIP's?

Quote Quoting metalgearsolid11
    View Post
    My friends both have the same judge and court date however I have a different judge and different court date; is this because they are being charged with 2 misdemeanors and I am only being charged with 1?
    It may be that the prosecutor sent your report back to the police department for further investigation, before concluding that it didn't support that particular charge against you, resulting in a delay. I can only guess.
    If I have a clean criminal record are there any programs that I can get into to not get a conviction? I'm almost certain I wont see any jail time out of this but I really don't want a conviction.
    That depends upon your age, and upon the county's policies.
    Also, to be charged with furnishing alcohol to minors, isn't the state required to charge the minors with MIP's?
    No.

Well I live in Saginaw Country. Our case keeps getting pushed back and pushed back and I'm sick of it.

On a side note, the two other co-defendents (who used to be my friends) were potentially facing CSC (Criminal Sexual Conduct) charges but there wa s insufficient evidence to file them against them.

I never spoke with the police EVER and we haven't made along far enough in court for me to talk yet either.

I know what I saw that night and I witnessed actions between both of my old friends and two girls that could be considered CSC.

Would I have any luck in getting a hold of the prosecutor and negotiating a deal in possible a reduced charge or having my charges dropped (furnishing alcohol to a minor) in exchange for my testimony?

How do I go about that if so?

You would want to work with your lawyer.

There are very few words that you should say to anyone working for the state or local government (officer, prosecutor, or judge). Sir or Ma'am, I would like for my attorney to be present. That's it. Let your attorney do his or her job.

1. Sponsored Links