Default Wrongfully Accused of Child Abuse

My step-son went on visitation with his father for the past week and while there he apparently talked with a CYS (children and youth services) worker and made a statement that I allegedly beat him and my 4 other children with a belt. The CYS worker talked with the other 4 children and had no problem leaving them here. I have never hit this child, or any other, with a belt. My step-son is continually complaining how he is afraid of his father and he doesn't want to go, he also claims that his father is trying to force him to choose to live with him. I have a great relationship with my step-son and I can not immaging why he would make such accusations. I personally beleive that his father intimidated him into making these statements.

what can I do to keep my good name?

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: wrongfully accused of child abuse?

A report was filed and investigated. The outcome was nothing! Your "good name" has not been damaged. Do not think me uncarign I too was falsely accussed once by a step child that report went unfounded in fact the investigating parties quote was "Did not happen!" My good name was not harmed. Even if this step child continues to make reports it matters little without proof in fact you can site past alegations that went unfounded and chances are further reports will be thrown out without investigation. You can sue but what are your damages and if a minor who will pay and how much to they have? You cannot really stop him from making these claims.

Default Re: wrongfully accused of child abuse?

actually the investigation just got started. The CYS worker just stopped by this afternoon. They won't let the child come home until they can talk to him again, they were actually going to let him stay at his fathers home until the investigation was complete. I suggested him staying at a grandparents that way they can't say that I intimidated him and so his father has limited access to him. This is not the first time my step-son accused me of abuse, he did it once in the past also. I have to say that the relationship we once had, has been seriously damaged and I doubt it can be repaired.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Wrongfully Accused of Child Abuse

At this point all you can do is cooperate with investigation and distance yourself from this child and make sure you are not alone with him. This could get worse as your husband is caught in the middle. You and your family should seek counseling as well

Quote Quoting panther10758
    View Post
    At this point all you can do is cooperate with investigation and distance yourself from this child and make sure you are not alone with him. This could get worse as your husband is caught in the middle. You and your family should seek counseling as well
    Please do consider couseling something is bothering the child, not necessarily you but something, help him find out what it is. Get him some
    help. Once you do your relationship will return bcause you will understand.
    How old is the boy?

we have considered counseling, in fact we had him in counseling a few years ago. His father harrassed him about it and harrassed the counselor and the counselor even shared his notes with his father. My step-son's father knew everything he said in sessions that were supposed to be confidential. He is 11 years old, I am hoping it is more because he was intimidated by his father and CYS will get to the bottom of it and put an end to it quickly.

panther10758 Guest

The counseling sauggestion for you as well. Since this is a "step" child you have no direct relation but your spouse does! This puts other partner in the middle and its unfair to take sides even if one person is mostly in wrong. This can put huge strains on a marriage. While in counseling you can get tools for your issues with boy and issues that have or may come up at home with others involved

heres the newest updats.

The CYS worker came and did a home study to find no problems then went to question the child a second time and he is still claiming I beat him and he is afraid of me. The child is to go see a psychologist, I think because they don't believe him or they think he in mentally unstable. she refuses to return him to his mother (my wife). we arranged for me to go stay with family so he can be home with his mother and siblings, CYS says they don't want to uproot him and send him home. My wife has a court order saying the child is to be in her custody, she is not a suspect or under investigation. it seems like they are doing everything they can to stall.

Is there anything she can do to convince them of their error?

1. Sponsored Links