Hybrid View

Default Secret Marriage

Kentucky-

My girlfriend and I have been together for two years now. I just recently turned eight-teen and we have been considering marriage for most of the relationship. However, it most definitly would not fly with her parents. So we were wondering about getting married in secret. I was hoping that by starting this thread someone could answer my questions. Our plan is to get secretly married on august 19th, our 2-year anniversary. We want to do it in a way that there would be no public record so that her parents wouldn't know. To do this we would also have to keep her last name the same. Here are my questions:

-How could we could we keep it from public record?

-As far as filing taxes goes, do we have to file jointly as a married couple?
    (I ask this because she files her taxes through the same person that her parents use)

I thank you for your time and I appreciate any answers that you may have for me.

-Sincerely,
    EngagedandUnderage89

Default Re: Secret Marriage

You can't

(I ask this because she files her taxes through the same person that her parents use)
    you will still need to file "married" whether it is jointly or seperate.

Why are you going to bother to get married if you cannot act as a married couple?

Lying to your respective parents is such a nice thing to do.

It truly seems that you are too young and too immature to be seriously contemplating this action. What diff would it make, concerning her parents, if you get married if you go and act as a married couple like one typically would when getting married (as in moving out of your respective parents house and in together with your spouse)?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    You can't

you will still need to file "married" whether it is jointly or seperate.

Why are you going to bother to get married if you cannot act as a married couple?

Lying to your respective parents is such a nice thing to do.

It truly seems that you are too young and too immature to be seriously contemplating this action. What diff would it make, concerning her parents, if you get married if you go and act as a married couple like one typically would when getting married (as in moving out of your respective parents house and in together with your spouse)?
    1. Thou shalt not judge, pray for forgiveness for that one.

2. In no way is it lying, unless for example her parents asked if we were married and we said no.

3. Because we want to get married. We are going be together for the rest of our lives. Thats really a silly question.

4. Learn some grammar, I cannot understand this sentence "What diff would it make, concerning her parents, if you get married if you go and act as a married couple like one typically would when getting married"

5. What does her or my age matter, we are both adults and we can both make decisions like this one.

I dont understand why you have to verbally attack someone who is asking simple questions, I encourage you not to be a teacher. The only stupid questions are the ones not asked.

Quote Quoting EngagedandUnderage89
    View Post

2. In no way is it lying, unless for example her parents asked if we were married and we said no.

3. Because we want to get married. We are going be together for the rest of our lives. Thats really a silly question.

4. Learn some grammar, I cannot understand this sentence "What diff would it make, concerning her parents, if you get married if you go and act as a married couple like one typically would when getting married"

5. What does her or my age matter, we are both adults and we can both make decisions like this one.

I dont understand why you have to verbally attack someone who is asking simple questions, I encourage you not to be a teacher. The only stupid questions are the ones not asked.
    Obviously age matters ...she is under-aged and her parents said no...guess what? You and your UNDER-aged girlfriend can't get married until you BOTH are of age.

Adults do not have to have their parents permission to get married.

And, to answer your initial question, marriages ARE public record. There is NOTHING you can do to get around this.

I just call them as I see them. The fact you are asking these questions shows you are not ready for marriage. Your subsequent post proves it.

It is called deception by ommission. Your lifestyle itself would be a lie. People live together when they get married. By not living together, you are showing the parents you are not married. Deceptive actions are tantamount to lies.

That is a really stupid answer and does not answer the question. You are not going to be living as man and wife in your contemplated situation.

I'll give you that one. Change the second "if" to an "and". I get so flustered when I read such a rediculous question as you had asked.

I didn't ask her age. I don;t really care. It was not a concern to me and it didn't seem to be a problem with your contemplated actions.

I dont understand why you have to verbally attack someone who is asking simple questions, I encourage you not to be a teacher.
    What I presented was far from an attack. It was a touch of realistic thinking. Something you apparently have trouble comprehending.

The only stupid questions are the ones not asked.
    Sorry, that is simply not true. If a stupid person asks a stupid question, that can be forgiven. If a reasonably intelligent person asks a stupid question that is far below what they should know, then that is a stupid question.

Through all of this, you apparently failed to notice I had answered all of your questions.

I assume you are living together or will live together after the secret marriage? Do her parents not object to that?

But yeah, your marriage will be public record if you go through the whole legal process. You could also have a common-law marriage that would not be public record, but I think you have to live together for some time for that to be in effect. It might be something worth looking in to.

Quote Quoting gfrank
    View Post
    I assume you are living together or will live together after the secret marriage? Do her parents not object to that?

But yeah, your marriage will be public record if you go through the whole legal process. You could also have a common-law marriage that would not be public record, but I think you have to live together for some time for that to be in effect. It might be something worth looking in to.
    didn't you read the entire thread? OP does NOT intend on living with his spouse after the marriage (at least inititally).

and Kentucky does not have a common law marriage.

Quote Quoting EngagedandUnderage89
    View Post
    Kentucky-

My girlfriend and I have been together for two years now. I just recently turned eight-teen and we have been considering marriage for most of the relationship. However, it most definitly would not fly with her parents. So we were wondering about getting married in secret. I was hoping that by starting this thread someone could answer my questions. Our plan is to get secretly married on august 19th, our 2-year anniversary. We want to do it in a way that there would be no public record so that her parents wouldn't know. To do this we would also have to keep her last name the same. Here are my questions:

I thank you for your time and I appreciate any answers that you may have for me.

-Sincerely,
    EngagedandUnderage89

How old is your girlfriend?

1. Sponsored Links