Default Getting a petty theft charge expunged

I am in the process of filling out forms here to get my petty theft charge removed from my record and by what i'm reading.. if i want the charge expunged this form requires a state attorneys office to fill out section B on it. Section B has two areas on it where the state attorney can pretty much say yes or no as to the charge being able to be expunged. My problem here is.. by what i've been reading and gathering is.. i have to get the charge sealed first for 10 yrs and after the 10 yrs is up i can get the charge expunged.... is this true?? or can i get the petty theft charge expunged?? the outcome on the charge is ajudification withheld... and what i stole was only worth a little over 5 dollars..from a grocery store... i did 6 months probation, took two classes, completed all and paid my fines and court cost.... and even served 5 days in jail over this...this to me is more then enough punishment i would think! I know it was a stupid mistake but not a such a serious of one that i shouldn't be able to get the charge off my record since it is a first time petty theft charge. I need to know if i should fill this paper out as an expunge or as a sealing... if i can get it expunged please let me know asap so i can get these forms in the mail soon. Thank you. Mare

Are you sure it's still even on your record. Sometimes when you serve supervision if your supervision is served it gets dropped off your record. Not the actual arrest, but the charges do. Make sure exactly what your record is. Then make sure it's been long enough in your state to even qualify for an expongement. Now a days with everything on the internet companies have access to records and an expongement doesn't really help. Depends on what you really want it for for it to even be worth it.

Default reply to dontshoplift...

yes i'm sure it is on my record... i pulled it up on internet and it was there. Are you saying that even if i get it expunged that ppl can still see it?? thought if a charge is expunged it is taken off your record. It's been 5 yrs already since i was charged with this.. i know i can get it sealed...and i believe if what i'm reading is correct that i have to have it sealed for 10 yrs before getting it expunged. I want to know if i can get it expunged now though. I am going to go to a state attorneys office and see what they can tell me about it since i'm getting no where online. Thanx for your input though.

Just curious how you pulled up your criminal record on the internet.

Default Online Criminal Record

Apparently, some Florida counties now put that information online.

1. Sponsored Links