Default Jury Duty and Arrest Warrants

Ok heres my problem, I got a jury duty summons and postponed because I'm a college student now I received the summons again as expected but in between this time I did a onetime stupid thing but nothing violent and no one got hurt and it was stupid, and the details are not important. However I did not get caught, however I am being paranoid and could really use some help.

Can people get jury duty summons while they have an outstanding arrest warrant and/or bench warrant .And if so that seems like entrapment, although its not a setup just more like walking into their hands.

I know I don't have a bench warrant but I was being curious, but the arrest warrant is questionable. I'd rather turn myself in instead of getting caught at the court while reporting for jury duty. I plan to call the court to see if I have. i live in California

Default Re: Jury Duty and Arrest Warrants

Can people get jury duty summons while they have an outstanding arrest warrant and/or bench warrant .And if so that seems like entrapment, although its not a setup just more like walking into their hands.
    Do you even understand what entrapment is? Apparently not if you thought this even came close to it.

Haven't you ever seen those shows where the cops "Invite" those with warrants to some demonstration or tell them they have won a trip or something else and then when they show up, BAM, off to jail they go. Not entrapment but funny as all get out.

well that wasn't really the question, I just started to ramble lol. I was just wondering if it would be in the same system, and if they would bar somebody from jury duty till all warrants were taken care of if any. I'm no law expert hence the question on the law forum,

But back to the question, can somebody who has an outstanding arrest warrant get a jury duty summons.

It would depend on county policies, but I don't believe a warrant of itself would disqualify somebody from jury service in most counties.

I'm in Kern county in California, do you have any information or can get any information about that? I'm not worried about being disqualified, I'm worried about walking into handcuffs. I'd rather turn myself in if I had one lol.

Call the jury services office and ask if they exclude prospective jurors with pending warrants.

Thanks bro, I've seen the advice you give others asking questions just say I appreciate it!

So it turns out that you can have jury duty with outstanding warrants, however my entire group got excused after they strung us along the entire week. But thats the system, And I'm pretty sure now I don't have any warrants cause I hang out with a family that are Sherrif's, the dads a bailiff now and his wife is the dispatcher and there daughter is one of my good friends.

1. Sponsored Links