Default How Can I Emancipate My Child From Me?

My son is 17 years old. I discovered in April that he was doing drugs, dealing drugs and a member of the Tree Top Pirus Gang, a Bloods affiliate. Due to the fact I have 3 other children and wish them no harm, I knew he could no longer stay in my home. So, I immediately got him into rehab which he spent 3 weeks. He was then transfered to a halfway house which he stayed until this past Monday. He told me he felt good about his sobriety and that he was ready for the next step and told me he was moving in with his step brother to start making it on his own. WELL.... His buddies at the halfway house told his counselor after he left that he has been using drugs again for a month now. So, I called his brother to tell him and he informed me my son was NOT living with him! He also got a huge gang related tattoo on his chest a couple of weeks ago so he is fully invested in the gang at this point. So, my child is on the streets, doing drugs, and gang-banging again. He cannot return to my home and I wish to emancipate from him. I understand that in the state of Texas that I am responsible for him financially should he get into legal trouble. Also, what length of time does it take to emancipate? He will be 18 in January. How much does it cost to emancipate? Thank you so much!

Default Re: How can I emancipate my child from me?

Quote Quoting Cindyleigh
    View Post
    My son is 17 years old. I discovered in April that he was doing drugs, dealing drugs and a member of the Tree Top Pirus Gang, a Bloods affiliate. Due to the fact I have 3 other children and wish them no harm, I knew he could no longer stay in my home. So, I immediately got him into rehab which he spent 3 weeks. He was then transfered to a halfway house which he stayed until this past Monday. He told me he felt good about his sobriety and that he was ready for the next step and told me he was moving in with his step brother to start making it on his own. WELL.... His buddies at the halfway house told his counselor after he left that he has been using drugs again for a month now. So, I called his brother to tell him and he informed me my son was NOT living with him! He also got a huge gang related tattoo on his chest a couple of weeks ago so he is fully invested in the gang at this point. So, my child is on the streets, doing drugs, and gang-banging again. He cannot return to my home and I wish to emancipate from him. I understand that in the state of Texas that I am responsible for him financially should he get into legal trouble. Also, what length of time does it take to emancipate? He will be 18 in January. How much does it cost to emancipate? Thank you so much!

This should explain to you why your son CAN NOT be emancipated from you:

http://lawdigest.uslegal.com/minors/...of-minor/6594/

panther10758 Guest

Yur best option is report him as a runaway to PD and if picked up he can be put back in rehab or you could say hes incorriable and he might not go home then. On another note if involved in gangs its likely he has committed crimes that would send him to jail and not in your home. Emancipation is about self support not a tool for parenst to rid themselves of troubled teens

Is he presently on probation, or otherwise under court supervision?

1. Sponsored Links