Default Concealing A Runaway

How do we warn, run off, and eliminate the intruders who conceal the runaway? Can we sue and win in civil court over this matter? What kind of criminal charges could be filed and what kind of sentence can be levied?

Florida

Default Re: People who conceal runaways

Quote Quoting desperate stepmother
    View Post
    How do we warn, run off, and eliminate the intruders who conceal the runaway? Can we sue and win in civil court over this matter? What kind of criminal charges could be filed and what kind of sentence can be levied?

Florida
    I know there used to be a law of "contributing to the delinquency of a minor", but I'm not sure if that still exists. Go to www.flsenate.gov/STATUTES to look up the laws. It might be under "crimes" or it might be somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure there's something in there, you just have to look for it.

Have you reported the persons who you suspect are concealing your son? If so, was anything done?

EDIT: I just did a quick check and found the statute I was referring to- it's statute 827.04. It also spells out the legal consequences one can face for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Hope this helps.

Default Re: People who conceal runaways

Thank you for the research and response. Actually, we are more at ease knowing his location than how it feels when we have no idea of it.

We haven't used the legal system yet. We are at a standstill mainly because of his ability to run and hide and because of the people who are willing to hide him and because it is so difficult to prove the case unless one's in the loop.

This is a young man who can manipulate outsiders with his embellishments and lies. Others think they are actually helping a destroyed and abused youth until they have him under their roof for a while. Then, after they are tired of him taking advantage, they kick him back to us and the whole cycle begins again.

What he really needs is enforced care and counseling. He is an intelligent person with very limited common sense. It is sad to see so many gifts wasted on lies and distorted reality. If he is going to stay with this interloping family I wish DCF could make them take him to counseling. That way, when they tire of him as others have, he will at least have had some help instead of just being abandoned again by people who promised to keep him safe and us away.

1. Sponsored Links