Default North Carolina Juvenile Record Showed Up In A Background Check

I am getting really upset and am wondrering if anyone can help me.I applied for a job at AMEX and of course submitted my priors like always.[I have a worthless check charge from 2002]I was offered a position and 2 days later got a call from their "security" people.It turns out that the worthless check did not show but other things did.Now I understand wrong is wrong and agree w/most that you need to pay for mistakes but I felt totally discriminated upon while talking to thes lady.She said I withheld info and am not surprised.Once a criminal always a criminal and even after explaining to her the situation that I have had record checks before and the larceny [assisting a friend steal a shirt in the mall]charge was when I was 15 I haven't associated with those people since,she stopped me and said it doesn't matter.That I falsified statements ...etc.
    Now I have had at least 3 records within the last 2 years checked and this charge was not on there.
    I was under 16 and did community service my parents paid a fine and was told it wouldn't count against me.Now 15 years later I find that not onlt is it on my record it also states incorrectly that I was sentenced to 90 days jail and 3 years probation.On top of that it didn't even show the worthless check from 2002.So I am totally confused as to whether the charge is suppose to be there or not.
    Anyone know about NC rules if you had a record at 15 does it go away when you turn 18 or 21.I am so confused because I've even had FBI and more extensive checks for security clearance and it wasn't on there.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: North Carolina Juvenile Record Showed Up In A Background Check

The record does not go away by itself, and it appears that you don't qualify for expungement because of your subsequent criminal conviction (NCGS 7B-3200(b)(2)). However it also appears that the record is supposed to be nonpublic (NCGS 7B-3000). How did your employer obtain the juvenile conviction record?

That's the thing,its on my adult record.AMEX uses ChoicePoint WorkPlace Solutions Inc..They sent me a copy of the report they gave AMEX.
    It has Charge ,Charge Type,Disposition,and Sentence.Then it has Ref #,Name on File,and DOB on File.
    As I look at the report I am still unable to understand why this is on there.I was born in 1977.This happened in 1993.I was 15 or 16 years old.I thought that the things you do as a juvenile are not usually on your record.Does anyone know about juvenile records in regards to my situation?

I suggest you inquire with the sentencing court, to see if there is some reason why your record would be public.

1. Sponsored Links