Default Eviction From A Hotel

In Southfield, Michigan I have been staying in a hotel since January of this year because of one of my job issues. On May 17 of this year, all the tenants received a message under our door reading:"Dear Tenants: This letter is to advise that the Southfield Hotel has been acquired by Soho Land Development, Inc. Soho intends on closing the hotel on Wednesday, May 23 2007. Please make arrangements to move on or before May 30th. In the event that you have paid your rent in advance, a pro rata share of your rent will be reimbursed to you on the date that you vacate the hotel. The management of the Southfield Hotel also wants to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you and to wish you the best of luck in the future."The owner on all of our receipts reads "Sayo, Inc." One question is could Sayo changed their name on the letter to protect themselves. Or could Soho Land Development be the new owner. There are also businesses in the hotel. The businesses did not get any warning on leaving the hotel. I spoke to a couple of hotel employees and they told me the fire marshall will be here on the 23rd, plus the electricity and gas will be cut off on June 1st.I heard the owner is behind at paying the morgage to the bank. At times there have been complaints about no hot water, no cable television, non working air conditioner and non of the four elevators are working.This is one of the hotels the federal government was paying for concerning the citizens of Katrina. I heard after citizens moved out, the government was still paying to support the victims because the government was not notified when a tenant left.Us tenants want to know do we have to move out before June 1st?

Default Re: Eviction or not?

There is possibility a virus on my computer. I tried to put everything of the above post in multiple paragraphs, but it will not post that way. I tried editing everything correctly, but nothing will change.

In Southfield, Michigan I have been staying in a hotel since January of this year because of one of my job issues. On May 17 of this year, all the tenants received a message under our door reading:

"Dear Tenants: This letter is to advise that the Southfield Hotel has been acquired by Soho Land Development, Inc. Soho intends on closing the hotel on Wednesday, May 23 2007. Please make arrangements to move on or before May 30th. In the event that you have paid your rent in advance, a pro rata share of your rent will be reimbursed to you on the date that you vacate the hotel.

The management of the Southfield Hotel also wants to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you and to wish you the best of luck in the future."

The owner on all of our receipts reads "Sayo, Inc." One question is could Sayo changed their name on the letter to protect themselves. Or could Soho Land Development be the new owner.

There are also businesses in the hotel. The businesses did not get any warning on leaving the hotel.

I spoke to a couple of hotel employees and they told me the fire marshall will be here on the 23rd, plus the electricity and gas will be cut off on June 1st.

I heard the owner is behind at paying the morgage to the bank.

At times there have been complaints about no hot water, no cable television, non working air conditioner and non of the four elevators are working.

This is one of the hotels the federal government was paying for concerning the citizens of Katrina. I heard after citizens moved out, the government was still paying to support the victims because the government was not notified when a tenant left.

Us tenants want to know do we have to move out before June 1st?

If it's a hotel, and the hotel has done nothing to create any greater relationship, then they may decline to extend your stay at any time.

Default Re: Eviction From A Hotel

I've seen the police come here a couple of times dealing with the hotel trying to put someone out. When that person is a residence, (living here several months, hotel's address on driver license) the police told the hotel to evict the residence the ordinary way by signing the court papers to set up a court case. The police would not make the residence leave because they were late in a monthly payment.

Quote Quoting Guilty Or Not Guilty
    View Post
    There is possibility a virus on my computer. I tried to put everything of the above post in multiple paragraphs, but it will not post that way. I tried editing everything correctly, but nothing will change.
    Things are working better after I restored my computer.

You're not saying anything inconsistent with my point. If the hotel transforms its relationship with a guest into a standard landlord-tenant relationship (even if there's no kitchen in the room), they have to follow landlord-tenant laws to get rid of the tenant.

1. Sponsored Links