Default Definition of Paramour in South Carolina

Please provide some insights into the South Carolina definition of a paramour. I have sole custody and I am concerned about the ex's live in male partner. If their married obviously paramour is no longer a relavent arugment. However, let's assume he's live-in. They are out of state living in VA. My ex is saying "Definition of a paramour is someone you see outside of marriage or illicitly." What I have read one can add "lover." Please elaborate.

Default Re: Definition of paramour in S.C.

Quote Quoting pgcfirst
    View Post
    Please provide some insights into the South Carolina definition of a paramour. I have sole custody and I am concerned about the ex's live in male partner. If their married obviously paramour is no longer a relavent arugment. However, let's assume he's live-in. They are out of state living in VA. My ex is saying "Definition of a paramour is someone you see outside of marriage or illicitly." What I have read one can add "lover." Please elaborate.
    Why are you concerned about the ex's boyfriend?

Besides potentially a paramour, she has drug selling convictions, reckless driving, driving on suspended license, 7 speeding tickets all by 27 yrs of age. he's a concern being around the children.

Quote Quoting pgcfirst
    View Post
    Besides potentially a paramour, she has drug selling convictions, reckless driving, driving on suspended license, 7 speeding tickets all by 27 yrs of age. he's a concern being around the children.

Okay...those are reasons for you to be concerned about HER...why are you concerned about him???

Sorry, my mistake / typo. Everything I mentioned (drug selling etc.) was in regards to the boyfriend (27 yrs old). The ex (39 yrs old) has 5 DUIs, founded child neglect thru drinking, forging of breathylzer/ignition records (numerous lockouts in contrast to the zero that she documented in Family Court). I do appreciate your response to this and my other threads.

Re: my question of the definition of a paramour in S.C., or is it in fact significantly different between states? any definition please?

THANKS again for your time.

Why do you think the word "paramour" has any legal significance or any other relevance to your situation?

Default Re: Definition of Paramour in South Carolina

Because in our Court Order it states "paramour" and "person of opposite sex staying over night." The ex is saying as long as it's not illict its OK. I wanted to be prepared with your definition.

I doubt that you will find a special definition beyond what is in the dictionary. Besides, if it says "person of opposite sex staying over night", what difference does it make - from what you say, that covers it.

Simply put...

If they are not married, there is a problem if the court order states that no unrelated person of the opposite sex many spend the night when the children are present.

If she is married, you are SOL.

1. Sponsored Links