Default Emancipation in Ohio

Im a 17 year old Female, and I live in Ohio! I want to move to virginia with my girlfriend and her sister. Her sister has allowed it and even offered to pay for my bus ticket down there! But the problem is, I live with my g'ma my mom is barely in the picture! she comes and goes on her own! And my g'ma doesnt know im a lesbian! so i figured i would just get emancipated and go on with my life. My g'ma has alot of financial problems and can barely pay for what I need. For example.. My b-day was July 27.. we didnt even celebrate it because she is so poor! So i think her getting rid of me will save her money! My girlfriends sister is wealthy and i will be well taken care of at her place. But i red somewhere that Ohio dont have Emancipation! So.. Does it or Does it not? :?: and if it does how do u go about getting it?

Default Ohio Emancipation Law

In Ohio, you can only become emancipated through lawful marriage, or through enlistment in the Armed Forces. If your marriage or service end before your 18th birthday, you are again subject to the custody of your parents.

Default what

so i gotta get married or join the army to be emancipated? thats crazy!

Default Can you answer me?

Okay I understand that you need to be either in an armed forces or legally married to be emancipated. But my boyfriend of 2 years is right now sleeping in his woods because his mom randomlly tells him to leave. He sometimes goes for days without food or water. She does this about twice a month and i am sick of it. She used to abuse him but he wont tell me if she does or not because he knows it gets me upset. She is a drunk and a pot head she does them both openly in front of my boyfriend. He will not let me call the cops because he doesnt wanna go to a foster home. He has a younger brother who smokes weed and an older brother that is running from the cops. He will turn 16 in Febuary and my mom has okayed him living here but his mom doesnt want him to have anything to do with me, she never has. We cant take it to court because my mom is a single mother of 5 and we dont have enough money for court. fees. Me and my mom are worried that if he doesnt get out of that situtaion he will end like them. Is there any law that states he can move in here with my family? Or is there anything we can do:?: [/b]

Im going through almost the same problem as you right now, my dad is absolutely crazy and my mom is a total pushover and listens to exactly what my dad tells her to say or do. My dad has picked me up by my neck and thrown me onto the couch and yelled directly in my face just for asking to go somewhere. I asked to be emancipated and my mom told me that if i could find a way in two weeks and somewhere to live then fine but if not she didnt want to hear about it anymore. So I asked my friend if I could live with her just while I got onto my feet and everything and her mom said that was ok, well my mom said that there was no emancipation in ohio and so either her mom adopted me or i had to stay here. Well there was absolutely no way I wanted to stay here so I asked if there would be anyway of adoption. Her mom said that was fine but my dad told me i wasnt leaving. He is definitely trying to make me miserable and i cry myself to sleep almost every night because of how miserable i am here. i hate it.

Default Hey i need help too

Hey i'm 16 my and i want to see if i can get emancipated because i am treated unfairly at home i mean i have it ok but its just all the emotional Mental Spiritual and Physical abuse i get while im here can you help i need action ASAP i am almost 17 and i want to know what to do.

Default Ohio Emancipation Law

In Ohio, you can only become emancipated through lawful marriage, or through enlistment in the Armed Forces. If your marriage or service end before your 18th birthday, you are again subject to the custody of your parents.

i know that if u get pregnant then u can get married and if u get married then u can become emancipated so thats one way i will look further in to it for ya
    Erin

Default Pregnant Minor

A pregnant minor still needs permission either from parents or from a court to get married. Getting pregnant to become emancipated would rank as one of the worst reasons to do so - and one that may not even work.

1. Sponsored Links