Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Misdemeanor Warrants and Extradition

A misdemeanor warrant has been issued in Illinois for telephone harassment. I have a bond for $1000. When the judge issued the warrant he also issued another bond for $2500. I live in an east coast state. Is there an extradition limitation on this, if so how do I find out? What happens if I get a ticket, would officer bother to take me in? If so, does IL have to come get me and would they bother to do that?

Default Re: Misdemeanor Warrant

There is no extradition on misdemeanor warrants.

California has extradition limits. They will not extradite east of MIssissippi. Could I get some input from others on this subject also?

Quote Quoting seniorjudge
    View Post
    There is no extradition on misdemeanor warrants.
    Please tell me which word in my answer you do not understand and I will explain it further. Thank you.

I would like to hear from Aaron or someone else regarding this, please. No offense Senior Judge, just like other opinions.

I am sorry Senior Judge. I did not understand what you said. If there is no extradition on misdemeanor warrants , if stopped you cannot be detained or taken to station.

Being picked up on a warrant is not the same thing as extradition. Extradition involves your being picked up on a warrant in one state for charges which are pending in another state, and the proceedings prerequisite to your being transferred to the other state to face those charges.

Some may extradite for misdemeanors committed in another state, although it would be rare for a state to wish to expend the money and resources necessary to effect an extradition on a misdemeanor warrant.

Quote Quoting millenium
    View Post
    I would like to hear from Aaron or someone else regarding this, please. No offense Senior Judge, just like other opinions.
    This is not the SeniorJudge Forum!

There are lots of opinions here.

Let me break it down for you:

You commit a misdemeanor in Colorado.

A misdemeanor warrant is issued for you in Colorado.

You step across the line to Utah.

A Colorado cop is standing on the other side of the line with the Colorado warrant.

A Utah cop is standing next to you in Utah.

The Colorado cop says to the Utah cop, "I would have you arrest him and force him to step across the line, but all I have is a misdemeanor warrant."

The Utah cop says, "You are right." Then he turns to you and says, "You better behave while you are in Utah."

Hello seniorjudge, I have a misdemeanor warrant in Minnesota. I live in Florida now, if I get pulled for a traffic violation, will they see the warrant if the run my license and if they do see it will they arrest me?

I need some understanding, i have a loved one in jail in grand junction colorado. he got pulled over for a dui, and well they arrested him, he has already been sentenced on that charge, they are now holding him for a fugitave from justice charge from coffee county ga, which is from him leaving the state while on probation for a felony forgery charge. Now he has already went to court and signed to waive his right to extradition, now we have both been told that the jail can release him after ten buisness days from the time he signed that paper. Is this true or does the jail hold him for thirty days for Ga. And do you have a slight guess about the chances of Ga coming? he has already served six of the ten days.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast