Default Help For A Cancelled B1 / B2 Visa

I never had a problem with my b1/b2 visa before, since last year i was able to enter the US as an intern for an international organization.

just this week my B1/B2 visa was cancelled when i told them i would be volunteering for the UN. the thing is i got a job offer and they would like me to volunteer first for the UN while they arrange for my g4 visa. so i was not allowed to enter and i voluntarily withdrew my application for admission and went home to my country. what i would like to know are the following:

1) will this incident affect the approval or issuance of a G4 visa
    2) in the admission record, will this count as a refusal of admission to the US even if you did an "application for admission withdrawn"
    3) in my visa there is a note : 212(c)(7)(A)(i)(D) FIN 1044651593 what does this mean?

please please help...

Default Re: Cancelled B1/B2 Visa Please Help with Information

When you say your visa was cancelled, you mean when you were attempting to enter the U.S.?

You're referencing subsection (c) of INA 212 (8 USC 1182), which was repealed in 1996. Are you sure you're reading it correctly? Maybe 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I)?
    Quote Quoting INA § 212(a)(7)(A)
    (7) Documentation requirements
    (A) Immigrants
    (i) In general - Except as otherwise specifically provided in this chapter, any immigrant at the time of application for admission--
    (I) who is not in possession of a valid unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document required by this chapter, and a valid unexpired passport, or other suitable travel document, or document of identity and nationality if such document is required under the regulations issued by the Attorney General under section 1181(a) of this title, or

(II) whose visa has been issued without compliance with the provisions of section 1153 of this title,
    is inadmissible.

(ii) Waiver authorized - For provision authorizing waiver of clause (i), see subsection (k) of this section.

yes, it was cancelled when i was trying to enter the US. thank you for giving the references for the INA, it sheds light to the violation but it was really a (c) written in the passport.

also i was considering applying a b1/b2 again because the G4 visa will not necessarily allow me to travel after. would i be permitted to apply for it at the same time as my G4? or should i wait for a long time because i might be denied because of this incident?

thanx for all the help

If by virtue of your employment you are "supposed" to have a G4 visa, I suspect that's what the USCIS will want you to seek. I am not in a good position to assess your situation, and thus suggest you speak with an immigration lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links