Default Does Having A Baby Automatically Emancipate You?

I live in Indiana and would like to know if having a baby automatically emancipates you? I am 15 years old - 16 in august and recently had my baby. I want to move in with boyfriend, the babys father, and his parents. He is 17 and will be 18 on april 11th. He has a job and I am in the process of getting one. After we have saved enough money we plan on moving out and getting our own apartment. if having a baby automatically emancipates me, i would be able to move out of my parents house and live with him and my parents couldnt stop me, right? If it does not emancipate me, could we get married now so i could move out? We want to get married anyway. If neither of those are options would i have a good chance of being emancipated by the court? thanks for your time, I need an answer asap. Please email me directly at walmart_kb44@hotmail.com. Thanks!

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Does having a baby automatically emancipate you?

Quote Quoting Teen Mom 15
    View Post
    I live in Indiana and would like to know if having a baby automatically emancipates you?NO I am 15 years old - 16 in august and recently had my baby. I want to move in with boyfriend, the babys father, and his parents. He is 17 and will be 18 on april 11th. He has a job and I am in the process of getting one. After we have saved enough money we plan on moving out and getting our own apartment. if having a baby automatically emancipates me, i would be able to move out of my parents house and live with him and my parents couldnt stop me, right? If it does not emancipate me, could we get married now so i could move out? We want to get married anyway. If neither of those are options would i have a good chance of being emancipated by the court? thanks for your time, I need an answer asap. Please email me directly at walmart_kb44@hotmail.com. Thanks!
    Your state has no emancipation Laws. Having a child or not you are under your parents rule. They can permit you to live with BF but would still be legally libel for you. they could consent to amarriage however your BF's parents would also need to consent

There is NO state in which having a baby grants you legal emancipation.

Having a baby can grant you medical emancipation, meaning that you (with the help of your doctor) can make the decisions about your health care and that of your baby. But even in states with emancipation laws, having a baby makes it LESS likely, not more likely, that legal emancipation would be granted.

thank you so much for answering my questions, but i do have two more. even though i am not emancipated, can i still move in with him without my parents being able to stop me? I heard about a girl who did that. Or if both of our parents consent to getting married, will we be able to since i am 15 or would we have to wait until i was 16?

View Post
    I live in Indiana and would like to know if having a baby automatically emancipates you? I am 15 years old - 16 in august and recently had my baby. I want to move in with boyfriend, the babys father, and his parents. He is 17 and will be 18 on april 11th. He has a job and I am in the process of getting one. After we have saved enough money we plan on moving out and getting our own apartment. if having a baby automatically emancipates me, i would be able to move out of my parents house and live with him and my parents couldnt stop me, right? If it does not emancipate me, could we get married now so i could move out? We want to get married anyway. If neither of those are options would i have a good chance of being emancipated by the court? thanks for your time, I need an answer asap. Please email me directly at walmart_kb44@hotmail.com. Thanks!

And you do realize that your boyfriend committed Statutory Rape? Age of consent in In. is 16....

View Post
    thank you so much for answering my questions, but i do have two more. even though i am not emancipated, can i still move in with him without my parents being able to stop me? I heard about a girl who did that. Or if both of our parents consent to getting married, will we be able to since i am 15 or would we have to wait until i was 16?
    Your parents have parental control over you and you can not move out without their permission; they could report you as a runaway.

You would need a court order to get married at 15.

IC 31-11-1-6
    Issuance of marriage license to underage persons; procedure; confidentiality of records 31-11-1-6 Sec. 6. (a) Two (2) individuals may marry each other if:

(1) the individuals are not prohibited from marrying for a reason set forth in this article; and

(2) a circuit or superior court of the county of residence of either individual considers the information required to be submitted by subsection (b) and authorizes the clerk of the circuit court to issue the individuals a marriage license.

(b) A court may not authorize the clerk of the circuit court to issue a marriage license under subsection (a) unless:
    (1) the individuals have filed with the court a verified petition that includes allegations that:

(A) the female is at least fifteen (15) years of age
    ;
    (B) the female is pregnant or is a mother;
    (C) each of the individuals who is less than eighteen (18) years of age has received the consent required by IC 31-11-2;
    (D) the male is at least fifteen (15) years of age and is either:
    (i) the putative father of the expected child of the female; or
    (ii) the father of the female's child; and
    (E) the individuals desire to marry each other;.......
    Not that I'm recommending you get married at the age of 15. Which, IMO is way too young.

1. Sponsored Links