Question 18 yr old boy, 17 yr old girl

Would charges be brought against an 18 year old boy for having sex with his 17 year old girlfriend? The parents are not a problem. The kids are engaged to be married. COULD CHARGES BE FILED IF SOMEONE POINTED OUT THAT SHE IS A MINOR?? I might also add that they met as she was an exchange student and she is a legal adult in her European country, where her parents reside. Thanks for the help. STATE IS OKLAHOMA

Default Re: 18 yr old boy, 17 yr old girl

Age of consent in Oklahoma is 16 years old.

Smile Re: 18 yr old boy, 17 yr old girl

So, how does the age of consent apply to two minors (under 18), and how does it apply in this case with a boy who is 18? Can a 17 year old legally consent to sex with someone OVER 18? I am just wondering how the law is applied. How would it apply to someone who is 16 or older sleeping with someone, say, ten years older than them. I am sorry for asking and I appreciate your help. There just seems to be a lot of confusion on these issues. I know that someone urinating "in public" will cause someone to have to register as a sex offender and I am wondering how all of this makes sense together. This lastly mentioned legal issue is very troubling to me. There are plenty of people who have had to pull over to the side of the road..especially a male person, say on a rural road or something like that where no harm is actually done....
    THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Default Re: 18 yr old boy, 17 yr old girl

If the age of consent is 16. Then that person who is sixteen or older may have sex with anyone else who is sixteen and older that consents. And it would be legal. With the exception of mental incapacity and someone who is intoxicated to the extent that they are mentally impaired.

Smile Re: 18 yr old boy, 17 yr old girl

Then there is this Oklahoma law he may have to worry about. There doesn't seem to be an age limit on this. Best thing to do if you're worried about this 17 yo and 16 yo is to have a consultation with an Oklahoma attorney.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    21-1120. Seduction under promise of marriage.

Any person who, under promise of marriage, seduces and has illicit connection with any unmarried female of previous chaste character shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary not exceeding five (5) years, or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one (1) year, or by a fine not exceeding One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Funny that this law is still on the books and is listed right up there next to rape in the first and second degree in Oklahoma. I would have thought this to be quite a sexist law and would have been thrown out.

1. Sponsored Links