Default Who Can File Charges for Battery

Im 18 and live with a friend of the family, we were drunk and he wanted me to show him some fighting techniques, I showed him a few things, then accidentialy hit him, he said he liked it and wanted me to do it again, in my stupidity I gave him some pretty bad injuries, at the time I didnt think he was hurt at all, but in the morning he had 4 cracked ribs fractured jaw, 2 black eyes, fractures to the skull and nose, he doesnt wish to press charges, and we have already talked to the local police, as he is on alcoholic probation he forced me to lie and tell them we were arguing and joking about fighting and it lead to me teaching him to fight and then hitting him accidently and him asking me to do it again, needless to say the cops didnt believe a word of it, they suspect he was drinking and they think that I flat out beat him up. The nurse at his doctor however (and his work - walmart) and a friend of his have been pushing him to press charges, Im reasonably certin he wont, thats not what im concerned about. He has some muscle damage around his eye and might need surgery to fix it. I need to know if his doctor or nurse or anyone else other than him can file assult & battery charges, or take any other type of legal action against his wishes.

Default Re: who can file charges for battery

Quote Quoting sunkist
    I need to know if his doctor or nurse or anyone else other than him can file assult & battery charges, or take any other type of legal action against his wishes.
    They may well file a police report; but as you indicate that the police are already aware of the incident, that's not likely to amount to anything more.

sigh of releif - thats good news thanx man

1. Sponsored Links