Default Making a deal with the DA

Hello, I'm going to court tomorrow with a friend of mine. To make this short, we live in Northern California, he is up on charges of Felon in possession of firearms. These firearms were seized in a search warrant. He was arrested in another county, search was performed in his county of residence. They seized some firearms in a back shed that is shared by other tenants in common, "in-dicta was found in shed", which allowed charges for firearms. Now this search stems from a drug bust, we have proved entrapment, conspiracy. I gave this proof to my friend's State Appointed Attorney. He talked to the DA, the DA wants to meet with us tomorrow. Is there anything we should know about when there is charges to be dropped? should we get this in writing? Should we ask their cooperation in the charges in the other county? Is there anything we should know before we go to this meeting? Thanks so much, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Making a deal with the DA

What do you have to do with all this?

Well, I am a paralegal, I have obtianed allot of evidence through months of constant research and investigating the circumstances surrounding this alleged crime. I presented the evidence to my friends Public Defender, he in turn presented this evidence to the DA, they inturn called me this Saturday and want to meet before Court today at 1:30PM. Quoting him "I think we can strike a deal of some kind"

Your friend has a lawyer and needs to follow his lawyer's advice. We have only a bare skeleton of your version of what happened, and can't possibly second-guess his lawyer.

His Lawyer is the one who called me and set up this meeting. Of course we would follow his advice. I just wanted to know what we have to look forward to? I have never met with a DA before. If there was a deal of some kind, would there be a written "Contract" of some sort? Would we meet in a closed court room? That's all.

You'll probably meet in the DA's office, although may courthouses have meeting rooms. Sometimes meetings take place in a jury room, or other available private space.

What they want from you? We could only guess. Ask your friend's lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links