Question Warrant for unpaid parking ticket

I have been issued a warrant in the State of Ohio for ONE SINGLE UNPAID PARKING TICKET. Granted I was wrong and should have taken care of this, but was being stubborn because I did not agree w/ the ticket. I thought this, like most unpaid parking ticket stories I had heard of, would eventually just go away and not come back to haunt me. I have never been arrested for anything and have not problems w/ the law other than a few speeding tickets over the past 20 years that were taken car of.

Now, they have been calling my house for a week everyday. Yesterday, they showed up at my house but I was not home. They left a card stating that I must call them immediately. Could they have really arrested me at my house for 1 single unpaid parking ticket?

This happend at a state park so the issuing officer was a State Parks and Recs officer. Do they have the jusrisdiction to come to my house and arrest me for this? This has more than a little freaked out my 8 yr old since he found the card and happend to hear the messages.

Part of me wants to fight this based on their extreme tactics that are borderline "extortion". It is very upsetting to know that you can pay $50k a year in taxes and get treated like this. I guess this is what I get for voting for every parks and recs levy ever on the ballot. I say this not because I think I should get speacial treatment, but the fact that our taxpayer dollars are going to such extremes. I am guessing they are more than a little over staffed if they can treat a guy that has 1 unpaid parking ticket like he committed a serious crime. On the other hand, I know I should just get it taken care of.

Anyone else have experinece w/ something like this?

Default Re: Warrant for Unpaid parking ticket

I suspect you are dealing with an unscrupulous collection agency.

They do not issue warrants.

Anyway, go to the courthouse and pay the ticket.

If they won't take the money, then you will have to pay the collection agency.

Default Re: Warrant for Unpaid parking ticket

Quote Quoting seniorjudge
    View Post
    I suspect you are dealing with an unscrupulous collection agency.

They do not issue warrants.
    I would have thought so to except that the number they leave is for the Parks and Recs state office and on their message they did indicate their is an active warrant. I did find it strange the the state office would be calling. I am truly in disbelief here. The card that was left at my house was from an actual state officer w/ a badge number. Perhaps the state treats these offensives much more seriously than a city would?

Default Re: Warrant for unpaid parking ticket

If they have a warrant out for your arrest, then you need to take care of this ASAP.

When you disagree with a citation, you go to court (or wherever in your area hears parking violations) to fight it - you do NOT ignore it.

Now you have allowed the problem to grow and become a much bigger issue. You may want to consult an attorney.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

Default Re: Warrant for unpaid parking ticket

If there is a warrant for your arrest, then there is a bond for you. I would call a Bail Bondsmen in your area and have them post your bond. After they post your bond, the warrant will be lefted and you will get a court notice to go to court. When you get that notice it will have your date to go to court. Before you go to court pay your ticket/s and when you see the judge he will most likely dismiss your case.

What area of Ohio are you in? I might be able to help you.

1. Sponsored Links