Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Disturbance Factor!

Hypathetically (pun intended) speaking....

Say I wander the streets in my cool car, late at night, with my cool video camera, and with my anti-establishment attitude, then exactly how much crap do you think I'm going to bring upon myself when "The Man" sees fit to mess with me because I drew attention to myself???

Kinda like prospecting for gold....you use the right technique then paydirt is gonna stand a real good chance of landing right on top of your goofy self. Thing is the prospecting is done in the basement of the outhouse in this instance!

Seeketh and ye shall findeth! Who knows, maybe one day thou asseth shalt be spreadeth around a celleth....

JMHO!
    "Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death.
    There is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically without pity."
    Robert A. Heinlein

Default Re: Disturbance Factor!

If you know what a "Jefferson Airplane" is, then you are a real child of the Sixties!

Quote Quoting seniorjudge
    View Post
    If you know what a "Jefferson Airplane" is, then you are a real child of the Sixties!
    Jefferson Airplane (not Starship) was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. The opening act was Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen.

I'll never forget the gal, from Commander Cody, dancing on the stage with the Airplane and the cops making her put her top back on. Gracie Slick asked her "what's you're name"? She replied, "Sunshine". Too funny!

Grace Slick is now big into art.

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    Hypathetically (pun intended) speaking....

Say I wander the streets in my cool car, late at night, with my cool video camera, and with my anti-establishment attitude, then exactly how much crap do you think I'm going to bring upon myself when "The Man" sees fit to mess with me because I drew attention to myself???

well, if you want to affect a change (and yes affect is the correct word) you have to take action that will have an effect on them.Publicizing their improper actions is one such action to affect a change.

BTW bright boy:

effect- noun
    affect- verb

You can affect a situation by having an effect upon it.

Don't live up to your signature line.

If a person were to join a police force to affect a change, they may very well have a short life span. "Rat" and "stoolie" are just two of the terms I can think of that would be verbalized towards the person bringing questionable actions of other officers. I can alsi assure you that when you need back-up, whether it be on the street or in the office of your superiors, it won;t be there for that person. You will be a loner in a career where loners do not last very long whether it be from an "accident" or resigning because of the harassment.

When you are a police officer, you are a member of a "brotherhood". While action from within is appropriate in many situations, taking that action to affect change in a police department is not one of them.

Lightbulb Re: Disturbance Factor!

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post

BTW bright boy:

effect- noun
    affect- verb.
    Try a bit of homework Einstein......

A police officer EFFECTS an arrest. The suspect is AFFECTED by that arrest.

For example: Effect;
    Function: transitive verb
    1 : to cause to come into being
    2 a : to bring about often by surmounting obstacles : ACCOMPLISH <effect a settlement of a dispute> b : to put into operation <the duty of the legislature to effect the will of the citizens>

Try not to to look so silly next time by accomplishing a bit of forethought. Furthermore, if you want to engage in a battle of wits, at least bring a loaded 'gun'!
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post

Don't live up to your signature line.

I have no problem living up to my signature line.....apparently such is not the case in your corner.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    Try a bit of homework Einstein......

A police officer EFFECTS an arrest. The suspect is AFFECTED by that arrest.

For example: Effect;
    Function: transitive verb
    1 : to cause to come into being
    2 a : to bring about often by surmounting obstacles : ACCOMPLISH <effect a settlement of a dispute> b : to put into operation <the duty of the legislature to effect the will of the citizens>

Try not to to look so silly next time by accomplishing a bit of forethought. Furthermore, if you want to engage in a battle of wits, at least bring a loaded 'gun'!
    AW Shucks, Souperdave. I get to feelin all warm & fuzzy when you talk like that!!!

af·fect1
    1.to act on; produce an effect or change in: Cold weather affected the crops.
    ===============

affect
    verb1. have an effect upon
    ======================

Was my post not written so as to suggest maxima
    took actions that would "have an effect" upon the actions of the officers, or to "produce a change in their actions"?

Your statement of an officer effecting an arrest would be correct from all research I have undertaken to attempt to put this silly petty arguement you started to rest.

So in response, BANG!

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    ....such action to affect a change....
    Had you paid attention during your formative years in school then the realization would have dawned upon you that your statement is still VERY grammatically incorrect.

Change is effected Hillary! Situations are affected. Maybe someday when your IQ hits double digits you'll comprehend the difference........

Until then, have a nice weekend. (Ya probably should've left the inhalants alone as a small child!)
    Robert A. Heinlein

Thumbs up See ya in about an hour!

Quote Quoting cissycicle
    View Post
    AW Shucks, Souperdave. I get to feelin all warm & fuzzy when you talk like that!!!
    Chill the vino Cis! I'll take care of that "warm & fuzzy" a bit later this evening!!!
    Robert A. Heinlein

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast