Default moving to a different county

okay here is my sistuation. My husband's father was recnetly diagnosed with cancer. he was not given alot of time left. His mother was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago and was told she would have 5-10 years if she was lucky. We despreately want to move to southern california. to be clsoe to his family with the little time that we have left.
    Heres the problem, i have a court order that does not allow me to move out of this county. I can go only with a court order or permission from my ex. We have tried to discuss it with him, but he will dispute it just out of spite. He stance is that since he has to pay support for our 2 children, ages 8 and 6, i better make them availble for him to see.
    My husband wants to adopt my two older children but my ex refuses that too, even though we agreed to waive all c/s and still allow him to see the children as much as HE wants to. I Know that he disputes these things just out of spite, because he has told me that there is no way he is going to let me get what I a want.
    we were thinking about fileing with the court to see if we could get an order to allow us to move to southern california, but what do you think our chnaces are? The children would be more than 300 miles away form thier bio father if the move was allowed. please any advice would be great.

** my children do not have good relationships with thier biofather or his wife at all. for example, my 6 year old came home july 4th and at dinner i noticed he didnt eat any of his food. i asked him why he wasnt eating and he said, because his step mom said he was fat and that he shouldnt eat. I wanted to go and ring the womans neck, but i didnt. and a few days later my 8 year old comes home and starts crying, when questioned why he was crying he said that his biofather told him to tell us he didnt want to live with us anymore.
    These are children not pawns to be screwed with. HIs actions anger me but i feel there is just nothing i can do.**

Default Moving Child To Another State

I suggest you consult with a family lawyer in your county, and discuss a strategy for bringing your motion. The lawyer can help you formulate an acceptable plan for continued access which may help convince a court to permit the move. You certainly have extenuating circumstances to justify moving.

If, however, the judge feels that you are doing this out of bad blood, to hurt your ex- or to deny access, your odds of winning go way down.

thank you aaron. Although i dont have the best of relationships with my ex husband i would never do things out of spite, my children are much too important to me for that.

Thank you again for your advise.

Default Bad Intentions

It's not necessarily what you intend - it's the impression the judge draws, which can be based in part upon what you request, and in part upon courtroom demeanor. It is important not to give the judge the wrong impression.

1. Sponsored Links