Default Charged with theft, $1,500 - 20,000

first off I would like to say that I am new here, and thank you in advance for any help or advice you could through my way..

back in Dec 06 (Texas ) I pled guilty to theft 1,500 to 20,000, of course in no way was anything worth thay much, but anyway, i was given 3 years supervised probabtion, and 300 hours community service. now I find out from my PO last week that I have a warrent for my arrest in the county the crime was commited.
    it was filed in July and the charges were larceny, dosnt specify weather grand or petty. now before my court date, I devulged everything to the people who filed the charges, because I wanted to do the right thing. and at the time, all they wanted was their property back, they said they didnt want to pursue things any further. so I did, this took place before my court date. so any and all merchandice was devulged before my courtdate. i guess what I am asking is. what can I expect from this. more probabtion added to my currant. more fines, jail time? this was my first crime I ever commited. so I really dont know what to expect from this now.. all i know is I cant eat or sleep, and to be honest this is really freaking me out..

so please any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Gray

Default Re: charged with theft 1,500 - 20,000

Can you clarify why there is a warrant? This is for a different offense than the one for which you are on probation?

I am guessing it is for the same offence, just charging for items not previously charged for. the 1st time around. at least thats what i am guessing. i have called, they told me they would look into the matter. and let me know what my options are. but who knows when that could be.

but the fact is all was disclosed a month before my court date. so any changes or revisions to my charges should of been made at that time. at least thats what I would think...

Without knowing the context it's difficult to make any meaningful suggestions, beyond suggesting that you consult a criminal defense lawyer in the county where the charge is pending to try to figure out the basis for the warrant and get things resolved.

Default Re: Charged with theft, $1,500 - 20,000

I don't think that anything new would be brought against you for the crime you already plead guilty to. If there was a new crime you committed while being on probation, that is different and subject to new charges. As Aaron said, it is hard to be more specific without knowing all the details.

I would also suggest getting a good criminal defense lawyer to fight any further charges that the state might bring against you. At the least, you should speak to one to find out more about the warrant and what the State might have pending against you.

Good luck.

Default Re: Charged with theft, $1,500 - 20,000

Quote Quoting just the facts
    View Post
    I don't think that anything new would be brought against you for the crime you already plead guilty to. If there was a new crime you committed while being on probation, that is different and subject to new charges. As Aaron said, it is hard to be more specific without knowing all the details.

I would also suggest getting a good criminal defense lawyer to fight any further charges that the state might bring against you. At the least, you should speak to one to find out more about the warrant and what the State might have pending against you.

Good luck.

ya no "new" crime was commited wile i was on probabtion. I have been flying streight doing the best I could possiably do, holding down a decent job, accualy getting promoted to a supervisor, not getting as much as a speeding ticket. the warrant is in the same state, just a diferant city/county. I have in no way gone back or been in that area scence my court date. I guess i am just a nervous reck right now. but i still want to say thanks to you guys for bringing a little light. i havnt talked to any of my family about this, it was hard enough in dec. but it feels good to at least get it out in the open,

1. Sponsored Links