Unhappy Pre-trial diversion for domestic assault and domestic aggravated assault

Hi...I was wondering, if someone lives in Tennessee and is charged with domestic assault and domestic agg. assault, is it possible to get a pretrial diversion? No body harm was done on the agg. assault, just a ''weapon'' was flashed but it was a big misunderstanding and the cops of course did not see it that way. Myself (''victim") and the defendant (my husband) want to work this out, and I was wondering if he is legally entitled to a pretrial diversion? Will we be able to live together once the pretrial diversion is in affect or will there be a condition of release throughout the entire probation period??

Default Re: Pre-trial diversion for domestic assault and domestic aggravated assault

Tennessee criminal courts can offer two types of diversion: pretrial diversion and judicial diversion. But the state's domestic violence benchbook discourages judges from offering diversion in domestic violence cases.

1. Sponsored Links