Default OWI After Single Vehicle Accident

i am 17 and i just got an owi. I have no recollection of the accident but i hit a ditch and totaled my truck. I was suppose to go in front of the judge 4 days later but my cousin who is a cop told my mom to hire a lawyer. She did and i didnt have to go in front of the judge yet. This is my 1st offense of any kind, i havent even been pulled over before this. I am just wondering what is the minimum penalties i would recieve, and how much fines am i looking at?

Default Drunk Driving in Michigan - First Offense

A first offense drunk driving conviction in Michigan, depending upon the specific charge, carries possible penalties which include:

* Up to 93 days in jail
    * Up to a $500 fine
    * Up to 360 hours of community service
    * Up to 6 points on a driver’s license
    * Up to 180 days with a suspended license, with a restricted license possible after 30 days
    * A "driver responsibility" fine of up to $1,000 to be assessed over a two year period
    * Court costs

At 17, you are an adult for the purposes of Michigan's criminal law. However, you are a probationary driver, and this offense will also cause your probationary period to be extended.

Default license

what are the chances of me getting a restricted license, i know it depends on the judge, but judging by the circumstances is there a good chance i could get one

Default Drunk Driving - Michigan

If you are convicted of OWI, you can petition for a restricted license right away. If you are convicted of OUIL / UBAL, you will be ineligible for a restricted license for the first thirty days after conviction.

Your chances of obtaining a restricted license depend, in no small part, upon why you are requesting a restricted license. "I need to drive to and from work, and public transportation is not available" is more compelling to a court than "I just want one."

allright, i would need it for work because i live about 10 miles from where i work and go to school. Thanks for the help and information

Default DUI Single Vehicle Accident, 2nd dui charge

[My son is 20 years old. We live in Warrick Co, Indiana. We hired a lawyer for the first DUI charge/paraphenalia. BAC .09. There was no arrest made. He went to the hospital. In the meantime, he just got arrested for DUI BAC.19. His court date is 2 weeks before his trial date for the first charge. Do we just show up for the 2nd charge. Will this hinder the first charge? Do we have to call the lawyer. How much more will the lawyer charge for a second charge?

He has to show up for both charges. Ask the lawyer what additional fee would be required to represent your son on the additional charge.

1. Sponsored Links