Default Felony bench warrant for child support

My ex husband owes 73,500 in back child support, in Michigan. We had been divorced for 15 years and I never received any child support, until I had him charged with a felony. It was in 2004 that he entered into a plea agreement to pay $1,100 a month for 5 years. Well he started paying it faithfully only because he had spent 7 days in Wayne County Jail for this hearing. Now he has suddenly forgotten about those 7 days, and has started only paying $400 a month. Because the income withholding order is only set at $100 a week, because one of our daughters has turned 18 since that plea bargain. The income withholding order had been set at $200, and he would make up the difference every month. Slowly he stopped making the difference and only paying $800 a month.(the income withholding amount) Then when our daughter turned 18, and the income withholding order was changed to $100 a week($50 per child, and $50 in arrears) that is all he pays. Well I was told if he wasn't paying at least 70% of the plea bargain, that after 3 months to call his probabtion officer who is monitoring him. So now after 6 months of waiting, a felony bench warrant has been put back out for him on 11/01/06. He has yet to turn himself in, and he won't be pulled over because he doesn't have a drivers license. My questions are, what exactly does a felony bench warrant mean. And why did the agent on the case tell me I can call my ex's local police department and tell them there is a felony criminal living at such and such address. Why would I do that, and not them? Thank you for your time.

Default Re: felony bench warrant

Q: My questions are, what exactly does a felony bench warrant mean.

A: The judge has issued a warrant for his arrest and the charge is a felony.

Q: And why did the agent on the case tell me I can call my ex's local police department and tell them there is a felony criminal living at such and such address. Why would I do that, and not them?

A: Because you want him arrested.

Default Re: Felony bench warrant for child support

Well is that my job to see that he's arrested? Shouldn't they make more of an effort?

Default Re: Felony bench warrant for child support

Quote Quoting sickandtired55
    View Post
    Well is that my job to see that he's arrested? Shouldn't they make more of an effort?
    Do you want justice or not?
    Just let them know, a quick trip to the PD and get this thing done.
    It's not alot to ask on your part.
    Shoot first, and ask questions later.

1. Sponsored Links