Question Re: Terminating rights

We live is Texas and my 1st question is, How hard would it be to adopt the step child if the bio father is deceased? That is the sitution in my daughter's case. Her bio father died almost 2 years ago but, has never been in the picture. Yes, patrnity was established, no he is not on her birth certifercate. My finance' has been in her life since she was 2 months old.
    My 2nd question is, How hard will it be for my finance' to adopt my son as well? No my son and daughter don't have the same bio father. But, my son's bio father signed over parental rights over 2 years ago.

Default Re: Terminating rights

In the case of a deceased parent, it should not be difficult. Is there anybody who might try to object to the step-parent adoption?

In the case of the father who "signed over parental rights", what does that mean? This is a letter he wrote to you, or what?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    In the case of a deceased parent, it should not be difficult. Is there anybody who might try to object to the step-parent adoption?

In the case of the father who "signed over parental rights", what does that mean? This is a letter he wrote to you, or what?
    yes sir a couple of people who will object to the adoption of my daughter, her bio father's sister and mother but, they haven't in the picture either. her bio's widow is all for the adoption.

My son's father signed a legal document through the state of texas terminating his parental rights, that's what i meant.

If you can figure out how to work your way through the system, I doubt that there will be a problem with either step-parent adoption. Unfortunately it can be a tricky process, so you may need to get help from a lawyer.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If you can figure out how to work your way through the system, I doubt that there will be a problem with either step-parent adoption. Unfortunately it can be a tricky process, so you may need to get help from a lawyer.
    I agree but I think lawyers are absolutely necessary in adoption cases. (Just my personal opinion.)

Default Re: Step-parent adoption where a parent is deceased

thank you for answering my questions but i have 2 more. Will the adoption process take longer if my son's bio father objects to the adoption even though he signed the legal document to terminate his rights? And does he need to be notified when we start the adoption process? I just want to have all the information straight before We process in my financee' adopting my children.

Default Re: Step-parent adoption where a parent is deceased

I don't know anything about your "legal document". Have it reviewed by a lawyer, then ask your lawyer those questions.

1. Sponsored Links