Default Statutory Rape and Transporting a Minor Across State Lines

I have read several postings already. I live in texas and have a daughter who is 14 yrs old, her boyfriend is just recently 17. The actual difference between them is 2 yrs and 5 months. I have just come across proof that not only have they been having sex, but that they may have made plans to run away together. I need to know what my options are as far as pressing statutory rape charges and any other charges for the taking a minor over state lines. We are in the state of Texas.

Default Re: What's the law in plain english

Quote Quoting befuddledtexasmom
    View Post
    I have read several postings already. I live in texas and have a daughter who is 14 yrs old, her boyfriend is just recently 17. The actual difference between them is 2 yrs and 5 months. I have just come across proof that not only have they been having sex, but that they may have made plans to run away together. I need to know what my options are as far as pressing statutory rape charges and any other charges for the taking a minor over state lines. We are in the state of Texas.
    File a police report, but keep in mind that the Texas statute states if the actor is less than three years older than it is considered an affirmative defense.

It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(2) that:
    (1) the actor was not more than three years older than the victim and at the time of the offense:
    Since they haven't run away or gone over state lines, they haven't broken those laws.

File a report and if/when they question the b/f, this will make him think twice about having contact with your daughter.

This link you may find the Texas sex crimes summed up: http://www.texassexcrimedefense.com/...-Law.asp#index

Default Re: Statutory Rape and Transporting a Minor Across State Lines

Thank you very much, I haven't yet spoken to either of them but I plan on it, I doubt he knows the law and I don't think he will " fight" me on this, and my daughter is scared of me,(in a good way) so I think if I threaten it, that will be enough. Also if for some reason it's not, and he does take her across state lines or just takes off with her...where do I stand then??

1. Sponsored Links