Default Disqualified for unemployment

I was recently disqualified for unemployment and given the opportunity to appeal but let it lapse because I was not fully aware of policy and failed to reply by the deadline. Now I have a part time job and it does not cover me financially, I was recently told be EDD that I couldn't make a new claim, but could still try to appeal but to say why I didn't appeal by the deadline...What are my rights , since now that I have a parttime job that may qualify me for benefits.

Thanks

Default Re: disqualified for unemployment

I'm not sure what "rights" you're looking for. You have the right to try to make the appeal now and see whether or not you're approved.

If you're asking whether or not you have the right to receive benefits at this point, I'm sorry but that's not something we can tell with the information available to us at this point.

Default Re: Disqualified for unemployment

What I meant was if I failed to apply for the appeal because of not understanding the policies of the disqualification is there a chance that the disqualification could be reversed and then to receive unemployment benefits?
    Eventhough I failed to respond by the deadline?

Thank you

panther10758 Guest

Key factor in appeal other than your intial complaint you earned UIB is why you took so long to appeal even if you didnt understand. Your better off investing your time in finding fulltime work. I have been throughappeal process (different reason) and employers know teh laws much better than we do and will have much to back thier claim where you will have little

If a person doesn't want to hear an answer that would be because they aren't mature enough to deal with it. Don't assume that all of those that email this site are on that level. Law is a war of words.
    At the end of the day there are times when it seems that those who wield them the best are those who win in spite of "rights" or policies. If the person who answered my email previously offers counsel to anyone else, my suggestion is not to judge as to whether or not a person can handle an answer or not...in other words I did not appreciate your judgement call about me. In the future if you could keep your opinions on a professional level that would be more appreciated. I wasn't asking about full time work and I am already pursuing an income. I asked a simple question. What I wanted was an answer not a lecture.
    Thank you.

You're responding to panther's footer - he attaches that same final paragraph to everything he posts. It's not intended to be personal.

panther10758 Guest

Quote Quoting nataliealbano@yahoo.com
    View Post
    If a person doesn't want to hear an answer that would be because they aren't mature enough to deal with it. Don't assume that all of those that email this site are on that level. Law is a war of words.
    At the end of the day there are times when it seems that those who wield them the best are those who win in spite of "rights" or policies. If the person who answered my email previously offers counsel to anyone else, my suggestion is not to judge as to whether or not a person can handle an answer or not...in other words I did not appreciate your judgement call about me. In the future if you could keep your opinions on a professional level that would be more appreciated. I wasn't asking about full time work and I am already pursuing an income. I asked a simple question. What I wanted was an answer not a lecture.
    Thank you.
    When you created your account you have an option for a signature line. Mine is one your complainning about. It was not personal but it speaks the truth if you cant handle the truth I am sorry. The line is on every one of my posts and is NOT meant to be a personal attack on you or anyone

1. Sponsored Links