Default Challenging Paternity a Year Into a Custody Battle

My question involves paternity law for the State of: florida
    Me and my fiance are going through a custody battle for a year now. Is it to late to request a dna test since the mother is telling us he is not the father and that she just wants his money?
    We do have an attorney but he is unavailable to us everyday but when we have court so please help me.

Default Re: Is It to Late to Have a DNA Test

Quote Quoting britt0518
    View Post
    My question involves paternity law for the State of: florida
    Me and my fiance are going through a custody battle for a year now. Is it to late to request a dna test since the mother is telling us he is not the father and that she just wants his money?
    We do have an attorney but he is unavailable to us everyday but when we have court so please help me.
    How old is the child? Is your fiancÚ on the birth certificate as dad?

Default Re: Is It to Late to Have a DNA Test

The child is 4. And yes, and it just came to light that she has cheated around the time the child was conceived.

Default Re: Challenging Paternity a Year Into a Custody Battle

If dad cares so little about the child that he would be happy to walk away, why is he fighting for custody?

Exactly how was paternity established, and when. If the parents were married, is this part of the original divorce proceeding or is this a post-judgment motion to modify custody?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If dad cares so little about the child that he would be happy to walk away, why is he fighting for custody?

Exactly how was paternity established, and when. If the parents were married, is this part of the original divorce proceeding or is this a post-judgment motion to modify custody?
    it was established based on what the mother had said. They were never married, and he is fighting for the child because he feels bad who her mother is, she just came out and admitted she cheated on him when she got pregnant. She has a son who she does not take care of because her taking care of two children is to hard for her. Mothers arent always the right ones, so why be biased based on her, you dont know know every evidence that we have against her.

your friend needs to make up his mind.

if he does not challenge paternity, he can have an influence on the child's life

if he somehow challenges paternity and it is discovered he is not the father, he waves goodbye to the child as the mother walks away with the child.

so, is he more worried about the biological paternity or the well being of the child?

Quote Quoting britt0518
    View Post
    it was established based on what the mother had said. They were never married, and he is fighting for the child because he feels bad who her mother is, she just came out and admitted she cheated on him when she got pregnant. She has a son who she does not take care of because her taking care of two children is to hard for her. Mothers arent always the right ones, so why be biased based on her, you dont know know every evidence that we have against her.

Calm down. Nobody here is pro-Mom and Anti-Dad or vice versa.

Now, we can be fairly sure that paternity was NOT decided based purely on Mom's words. So what REALLY happened?

- - - Updated - - -

And before someone gets snippy with the volunteers, be aware that you are not involved legally. You won't have any influence in court, and you may actually be overstepping to the point where it annoys the Judge.

Tread carefully.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links