Default Do You Have the Right to Demand Jail Time Instead of Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas. I have been charged a dwi over 0.15, i blew .24. I pleaded no contest and was given 18 months probation, dwi class, victim impact panel, eval, 48 hours of community service, breathalyzer for 9 months and I don't recall my fees but they arranged for me to pay 133 per month for them.

Now I have completed all three class, I have the breathalyzer for almost a month, I paid 133 once. I have been on probation since aug 29th. I had the intentions to go through my probation just the way the guidelines were laid out for me, however two weeks ago I lost my job. I was already behind on bills so this made everything dramatically worse economically. Although I live in Texas, I'm from Georgia that's where my family is. With all that has happened I will like to return home. The last time I went to see my probation officer I told him my concerns and informed him that I would like to sit my time in jail so immediately after my release I can return home. He told me no. He said the only way he would allow me to sit my time in jail would be if I get in trouble for something else.

My question is can a probation officer and judge really deny you the right to sit your time in jail? If so, what other options do I have?? I find it ridiculous that he told me to get in more trouble just to sit my time out that wont do anything but make things worse. Please help.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention this is my first offense.

Default Re: Can a Probation Officer Refuse You the Right to Sit Time in Jail

You have a probation agreement. You must fulfill it.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

Default Re: Do You Have the Right to Demand Jail Time Instead of Probation

You have no right to a jail sentence. The judge decides your sentence.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

and he didn't "tell you to get in more trouble," he told you that the only way he'd allow you to sit in jail is if you got in more trouble....
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

And following more trouble he would have the option of recommending, for example, an additional week in jail followed by a resumption of probation.

1. Sponsored Links