Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Will Bigamy Cause a Naturalized Citizen to Get Deported

Quote Quoting approach321
    View Post
    If i report her to immigration they will investigate. They said ultimately an immigration judge will decide what her punishment is. Can an immigration judge order her deported? I mean, is an immigration judge the same as a regular court judge you refered to above-- such that he will give due process because she is a Citizen?
    Yes, she will still be entitled to due process with an immigration judge. Her constitutional rights will still have to be respected.

However, based on what you said regarding the best interest of your child in your first post, I don't understand why you still want to pursue this.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Yes, she will still be entitled to due process with an immigration judge. Her constitutional rights will still have to be respected.

However, based on what you said regarding the best interest of your child in your first post, I don't understand why you still want to pursue this.
    In your opinion, should she have any consequences?
    TY

View Post
    TY

I have a question for you.

Why is this only an issue now?

I heavily doubt that "child's best interest" is at the forefront of your thought process here.

- - - Updated - - -

Domestic violence TOWARDS the child?

And the police haven't been involved...why?

Sorry, I'm not buying this for a New York second. If you were so concerned about DV towards your child, you would not be asking about bigamy and whether or not it will get Mom deported.

In other words, you're absolutely fine with the DV issue - it's just the whole immigration thing which bothers you.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post

I heavily doubt that "child's best interest" is at the forefront of your thought process here.
    Because of the domestic violence toward our child. I realize you think I am am trying to be spiteful - certainly understandable. However, I challenge you to truly seperate the issues. One issue is: In-and-of-itself, should a person have a consequence to lying to Immigration (bigamy). Or, in cases of persons with children, they should automatically be excused?

- - - Updated - - -

omg -- there is so much more to my story that you don't know. My questions were meant to be General in nature. The domestic violence issue has been addressed and resolved. YES -- it is possible for a parent to be charged with domestic violence, get in trouble, take classes, and see be with child again -- and Not committ violence anymore. There is no immenent danger.... but the thought always lurks in the back of my mind about her anger problem. I challenge you not to just Assume I am being spiteful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Domestic violence TOWARDS the child?

And the police haven't been involved...why?

Sorry, I'm not buying this for a New York second. If you were so concerned about DV towards your child, you would not be asking about bigamy and whether or not it will get Mom deported.

In other words, you're absolutely fine with the DV issue - it's just the whole immigration thing which bothers you.
    I was trying to get your opinions first about the bigamy/Deportation issue. After I had several opinions and reached my own conclusion about this issue, then I wanted to introduce the topic of DV into the mix. This is because the DV was addressed in the past and resolved and there are no imminent danger issues. Thank you for your feedback.

Yet when asked, it's the only thing you mentioned in regards to the child's best interest.

And now it's a non-issue.

There we go.

For what it's worth, legally speaking, the chances of her being deported are very low indeed. It takes a whole lot more to actually have naturalized citizenship taken away. And that should be good news, right?

Do not microwave grapes

View Post
    TY
    Based solely on what you have posted, no. She may have honestly believed that her marriage was annulled. Annulment is the only way to dissolve a marriage in the Phillipines. There is no divorce there. Any consequences to her would simply hurt your child.

Throw her and every other foreigner lying, stealing and breaking other laws to leach off our taxes and country.
    With enough thrust, pigs fly just fine.
    You may believe that you understood what you think I said. I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    Throw her and every other foreigner lying, stealing and breaking other laws to leach off our taxes and country.
    Do you realize that the US is NOT the "land of milk and honey" to many foreigners these days? Yes, we still get the central and a bit of the south American crowd but to the rest of the world, there is very little incentive to come here illegally. If they aren't better off than we are, they aren't worse off enough to make it worth their while. If they are worse enough off, there are often much closer places to illegally immigrate to.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Do you realize that the US is NOT the "land of milk and honey" to many foreigners these days? Yes, we still get the central and a bit of the south American crowd but to the rest of the world, there is very little incentive to come here illegally. If they aren't better off than we are, they aren't worse off enough to make it worth their while. If they are worse enough off, there are often much closer places to illegally immigrate to.

Perhaps disagreeable would prefer that we simply toss out all of the cheating, lying, law-breaking US citizens instead?

They by far outweigh the immigrants (be they legal or otherwise) in our prison system...

Do not microwave grapes

Obviously, millions of illegal people find it desirable, otherwise they would not be here.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    With enough thrust, pigs fly just fine.
    You may believe that you understood what you think I said. I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12