Default Can Real Father Contest Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity Signed by Another Man

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Massachusetts

I am the biological father of a child, but am not on the birth certificate.

I was never married to the mother, and never lived with her or the child. I live in another state.

I have been telling the mother that I want joint custody, and telling her I would sue her I heard that she got a someone else to sign the voluntary acknowledgement of paternity - and that he has been listed as the legal father on the birth certificate, even though I am sure he can't really be the father.

Do I have any rights to contest the voluntary acknowledgement of paternity, and demand that there be a DNA test to establish me as the real father?

I am pretty sure the mother and friend will pretend to be happily together and do whatever they can to prevent me from filing a case.

Do I have the right to file a paternity case, if they already signed the voluntary acknowledgement of paternity?

Default Re: Can Real Father Contest Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity Signed by Another

How old is this child? Does MA refer to where you are, or where Mom and the child live?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Can Real Father Contest Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity Signed by Another

The child is 4. He lives with mother in MA.

I live in California and Hawaii (half in one place - half in the other)

Thank you in advance for any help or advice!

Quote Quoting hawaiinewhealth
    View Post
    The child is 4. He lives with mother in MA.

I live in California and Hawaii (half in one place - half in the other)

Thank you in advance for any help or advice!
    How long have you known about this child?

I have known of the child since birth, and seem him maybe 2-3 times a year. The mother has moved around a lot, and made it hard for me to see him. I have pictures of me with the child at different times, and have sent them money whenever I could.

You need to file for a court ordered DNA paternity test as part of your paternity filing.

Be warned - there IS a chance the court will find it NOT in the best interest to remove the legal father at this point.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links