Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Get Shoplifting Charges Off of My Permanent Record

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Wisconsin
    I got caught stealing a stupid skirt from zumiez, it was $40. The asshole worker was really mean and crazy. I'm 14. Me and my friend are banned from the mall for a year even though she didn't do anything. I admitted it on tape which I regret. But they WAY overreacted and made it a way bigger deal than it was. The cops and everyone made it a huge deal. I have to go to court on September 9th. I can't get an attorney. I CAN'T have this on my record! I'm never gonna do it again. I will do anything to keep it off my record. I also would like to get the smallest ticket possible because I have no money. But my number one priority is keeping it off my record. How can I get the judge to not put it on my record and give me the lightest punishment possible? PLEASE HELP!

Default Re: Shoplifting Charges Off Permanent Record

Stealing IS a huge deal and the fact that you don't recognize it is very sad.

Without an attorney this WILL go on your record. I don't guarantee that it won't be on there WITH an attorney, but a 14 year old who thinks it was overreacting for the store and law enforcement to take issue with her stealing is not going to be able to convince a judge to keep the crime - and that is exactly what it was - off her record since she clearly has no concept that she did wrong.

The time to worry about having a criminal record is before you commit a crime. Now the matter is no longer within your control.

Perhaps, the judge needs to sentence princess to community service with the homeless. It might teach her some self respect, give her positive self introspection and also provide direction on how to put on big girl panties.
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

You don't know what you're talking about. I didn't say they were overreacting by calling the damn police, he was over reacting by screaming so much when it's not even his store. And he accused my friend of "helping" when she didn't! I know what stealing is, thank you very much. Stop thinking you know everything. I actually know someone who got in trouble for stealing a lot worse and is a year older than me and I just found out he didn't get it on his record and his tickets were dropped with community service. So if you're gonna be a bitch and give me false information **** OFF! Excuse my language cuz I know you'll complain about that but people like you piss me off so much.

Quote Quoting Marissathepirate
    View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about. I didn't say they were overreacting by calling the damn police, he was over reacting by screaming so much when it's not even his store. And he accused my friend of "helping" when she didn't! I know what stealing is, thank you very much. Stop thinking you know everything. I actually know someone who got in trouble for stealing a lot worse and is a year older than me and I just found out he didn't get it on his record and his tickets were dropped with community service. So if you're gonna be a bitch and give me false information **** OFF! Excuse my language cuz I know you'll complain about that but people like you piss me off so much.

Grow up little girl.

Your parents should be ashamed of raising such a foul-mouthed little brat.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Act like that in court and see what happens.

Oh sweetie girl, where is your Mama, and why hasn't she snatched you bald-headed yet?

You didn't get false information, you got the truth and don't like it. Now run off to Mama and tell her to tan your little hide for being such a snot-nosed brat, then sit in the corner for a month for letting you get that way.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Well, Little Girl....you're probably going to be in even more trouble when your parents realize that your shoplifting will be costing them a lot of money (court fines and costs, Civil Demand letter from the store; any other punishments the Judge imposes on you). And time off work since a parent has to accompany you to court.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh...and in most states, expungement won't happen for many years.

Sealing your record will require a First Time Offenders program. Then it can remain on your record for 2-3 years before being sealed. During that time, you cannot screw up at all. No shoplifting. If your state has a public swearing law, then take a bar of soap to your mouth before entering such a program. No high school girlfights. Nothing.

And thieves like you who commit crimes and then whine about having to take the consequences of their actions piss me off.

Kiddo, I am going to explain something to you.

Shoplifters raise the prices in the stores for EVERYONE else. You don't think it's a big deal, tell that to the retailers. Last year, they lost BILLIONS of dollars due to theft.

I bet if someone stole a $40 skirt from you - you would be ready to kick their ass!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast