Default Can My Psychologist Disclose Information to Probation Officer Without My Consent

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Michigan

I plea no contest to two counts of felony resisting arrest and was given two year probation in 2012. The conditions of my probation was that I take all your medicines prescribed and that I go to all therapy suggested my psychologist.

My psychologist calls my probation officer and releases information about me twice.

In both times I never signed over consent to release any information at all.

So my question.

Was it lawful my psychologist release information about me to a third party without my knowledge?

Also my probation officer was my full mental health record, but i filled a form only allowing her to know, what meds I take and if I have been going to therapy. Thats it.

Can my probation officer force me to sign over my full health record to be release to her?

Default Re: Can My Psychologist Disclosed Information to Probation Officer Without My Consent

If you refuse to supply information to your probation officer (authorization), you can potentially be violated. You can then sit in cell awaiting the chance to plead to a judge. Your gripe appears to be against the Psychologist. I suggest you refer to the release you signed for them. Further, there are issues of law requiring mandatory reporting.

http://law.justia.com/codes/michigan...-333-6521.html
    With enough thrust, pigs fly just fine.
    You may believe that you understood what you think I said. I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Default Re: Can My Psychologist Disclosed Information to Probation Officer Without My Consent

Are you absolutely sure that in order to be accepted for probation, you didn't sign a release of information consent?

*If* you did not, (and that's a big if) then no, your psychologist can only tell her what meds you take, and if you've been showing up for your appointments.
    ~Christina

Unless a source is cited, anything posted here by me is only my opinion, and is not meant as legal advice.

I'm sure the probation department has a release that you signed in order for them to obtain the information. That releas is usually general to the agency or entity that holds the information that needs to be obtained. If I am requesting a release to your psychologist, the release is not going to specify just a relese on your medications. It's going to be a release to the psychologist in general regarding your level of compliance with treatment recommendations.

1. Sponsored Links