Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Keeping My Ex-'s Boyfriend Away From Our Child

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Missouri

How likely will a judge issue a order against my ex girlfriends new boyfriend to stay away from my 6 year old son? This new friend is a convicted felon who has multiple DWIs and I suspect a illegal drug history as well.He has not been stalking or harassing my son but I do not want him around him at anytime.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Keep Away

So, he's posed no threat to the child? No threat to mom?
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

Not to my knowledge but as I mentioned he has and could possibly still have substance abuse issue.........I sense trouble is coming !

Quote Quoting Mahnenone
    View Post
    Not to my knowledge but as I mentioned he has and could possibly still have substance abuse issue.........I sense trouble is coming !
    Then you are not going to get a restraining order against him. You cannot get a restraining order based on a "sense that trouble is coming".

That would be a shame considering he is a known multiple felon.

You don't get that kind of control over someone else's life. Out of pure curiosity, how do you know about his criminal history? Did your ex tell you she's dating Johnny who is a multiple felon?
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

I ran him on Missouri Casenet after she provided me his full name he has 3 full pages of issues including a nasty divorce due to drug/alcohol issues that was told to me by my ex.

You may want to stop stalking people. Leave her alone. Your relationship with her is over.

But then again, she may want to stop giving you that much information about the people she's dating or she'll never have any peace.

If you believe that the circumstances warrant it, you can consider bringing a motion in the custody court, asking for appropriate restrictions on new partners (this one, or more broadly) in relation to your child. If you cannot actually articulate any actual or potential harm, though, it's not much of a case. You should discuss the details with a custody lawyer in your state.

It has been over with her for 5 years now and I have a significant other as far as stalking as a active father in my Sons life I have every right to look over a persons background who is going to be around him.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for some actual good advise (Mr. Knowitall )

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast