Unhappy How to Stop Harassment by My Ex-Boyfriend

I have an ex bf that is calling me up, harassing me and demanding that I give back some money he gave as a gift three years ago. I have had unreal medical expenses and have been on disability. I offered to pay him back, but in installments. He refused, has gone back and forth, saying forget it, then I get a phone call from him stating he has gone to my place of employment and told them I stole some money from him!
    What can I do to prevent him from calling and going to my work? I am in CA. I am more than happy to pay back the cash, but he can't be allowed to behave this way. He is nuts!
    What do I do??

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: need help with harassment issue

First off if it was gift you owe him nothing and unless you have put it in writing or recorded somehow you dont need to pay him back it wasnt a loan. Now his making false accusations and bothering you at work you can sue for. Document as much as you can and get witinesses.

It might be a good idea to write a letter advizing of your intent to repay the gift monies. If there is any seriousness involved in the desire to collect on this debt, your offer will be accepted without further debate.

He is harassing you and may affect your reputation at work which will be damages. In the mean time consider filing a statement with the police so a record has been made and ask them if this behavior warrants you obtaining a restraining order.

Deadlock is correct. If you make a report, the detectives will have a chat with your ex bf. You don't have to file any charges, but as Deadlock said, it will be on record that there is a problem.

Please, do not send a letter saying you plan on paying him back, as stated earlier, it is a gift, and I have seen small claims proceedings, where the judge said just this. Do though, see if you can get a stalking order, since he has stated that he will do damage, and follow you everywhere, even to your work.

1. Sponsored Links