Default How Do I File a Complaint Against the California Unemployment Department

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: California

I recently was laid off terminated from a job in California because they indicated they "weren't feeling the fit". Ok, fine. Before this job I had one with a merchandising company that was only giving me 8 hours a week; I worked for them in California but apparently they were based out of Oregon, in which I quit to take the first job mentioned. Once I was fired I applied for California Unemployment. My unemployment was granted and everything went smoothly as far as payments. Once I ran out of unemployment benefits, I was told to file for the federal extension, which I did. Ok, so then California told me I might have wages available in Oregon and that I needed to file a claim with them before I could file for the extension with them. This whole thing started in January of this year and has been ongoing since. I did what they asked and went to Oregon's Unemployment department. Oregon told me I had no claim with them and even contacted California Unemployment on my behalf. FINALLY, I heard back from California. They told me I had to file a NEW claim and restart the process, but at the same time they are reopening my old claim and I have an award letter for my federal extension benefits. It is now April and I have only received one payment from them for a two week period. They have sent me claim forms to fill out going all the way back to January!! Which I filed on the website AND called in to their automated system. STILL, I have not heard anything. I have tried calling several time, and each time they hang up on me "due to a high volume of callers" no matter what time of day it is, I have emailed, written letters and still no response from them as to where my payments are. One of there reps even called me to confirm my eligibility, and my caller ID came up as "private caller". I am a single mother living with my parents. I have not been able to find a job much to my continued efforts. I need the money. Who do I complain to about the California Unemployment Department's treatment of my case?

Default Re: How Do I File a Complaint Against the California Unemployment Department

Quote Quoting Jennifer DeVita
    View Post
    Who do I complain to about the California Unemployment Department's treatment of my case?
    Nobody.

Sorry, but you are dealing with a monstrous bureaucracy.

You'll just have to keep on plugging away at your claim.

Default Re: How Do I File a Complaint Against the California Unemployment Department

Thanks for nothing, that was not helpful in the slightest.

It was, however, accurate.

Have you tried the "contact us" section on their website?

Because it's right there.

Did you try googling california unemployment complaints?

It's right there too.

However that is NOT how you appeal a decision by EDD the instructions for that should be in your paperwork from EDD if they operate anything like in NY.
    Never break more than one law at a time.

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -- H. L. Mencken

https://askedd.edd.ca.gov/asp/frmEDDCOMM.aspx

I have found contacting them is much easier with the online contact address above. Otherwise you'll wait for hours on the phone.

There is no government entity that you can "complain" to about Calif UI - and even if there was - they all do nothing about anything anyway. Don't waste your time. ( voice of experience )

1. Sponsored Links