Default Car Damaged Due to Apartment Complex Construction

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Texas.

My car has been damage due to landlord (company) put new roof on carport. No notice was given. The manager said she was going to notify owners and have not heard any resolution. It's been (5 days). I want to get out! Management is horrible! I call everyday and she still don't have an answer. I gave the manager the invoice of the damage from a collision center my phone number what apartment I live at to make sure she had all the information she needs to be able to reach me and yet no answer. My lease is 12 months. 9 months left. Not to mention inconsistency with the A/C and heater units. They control the refrigeration so one day the heater may be on other day A/C. It's not consistent and I have a 6 month baby. Is there anything that i can do to get out?

Default Re: Damages Where Done to My Car Due to Apartment Construction. Lease 9 Mo Left

Not based on the info you provided.
    Dear Santa. For Xmas this year I want a fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix them up again.
    Why do stores in the US have so many undocumented shoppers?

Default Re: Damages Where Done to My Car Due to Apartment Construction. Lease 9 Mo Left

It depends on what your lease says but usually you can't easily get out. Best you can do is be in their face enough to where they want you out and agree to give you something in writing stating that they are releasing you from the lease and that they will not expect you to be responsible for the remainder of your lease. Some management companies may also allow you to transfer the lease to another person before the term ends if you find another tenant for them. But this is something you need to talk to them about.

But expecting someone to write you a check in 5 days is completely unreasonable. If it's been 5 months ok. But 5 days! Nothing gets done in 5 days. You need to allow them enough time to process your claim.
    I am not an attorney.

1. Sponsored Links