Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Get My License Back Without Paying Off My Fines

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Arizona

So when i was about 18 i got a ticket in a near by town, they wanted $1500 cash, no payments and they suspended my license, well my stupidity but over the years i've racked up tickets because of driving on a suspended license, never had a DUI or nothing like that, It's got to be around $6000 now, Does anyone know any way possible the courts would help me getting my license back without having to pay the whole thing off?

Default Re: Anyway Possible to Get My License Back

Nope, and you're lucky you've not been arrested/jailed for driving on suspended or at least had your car impounded in this run. No, there is no way to duck paying for the tickets. You're going to have to go pay them all (to the individual jurisdictions involved) and then go with all your receipts and pay the $35 or whatever to get your license back.

Civil protest has its expenses. If you cannot afford $6k in fines, you should not have incurred them and cannot afford to be driving. You have saved that much in insurance premiums.
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

Jailed for driving on a suspended license... no... car impounded yes.

Rude awakening alert. You have gotten lucky thus far - As of January 2011, DWLS is a class one misdemeanor in Arizona - meaning a conviction could land you up to 6 months in jail. Yes, you absolutely CAN be arrested for driving with a suspended license for ONE suspension. The more of them you rack up, the more likely the random officer that stops you will feel it's time to do something with you OTHER than issue a ticket or notice to appear, and when that happens, you'll get the fancy bracelets and a short tour of the sallyport at your local detention facility. For a single suspension, 5 days behind bars would be typical, however, the more violtions you've racked up, the greater the chance you'll see more, not less, of the possible 6 month sentence. Enjoy your luck while it lasts...which won't be forever. See:

28-3473. Driving violations; classification; restricted privilege to drive

A. A person who drives a motor vehicle on a public highway when the person's privilege to drive a motor vehicle is suspended, revoked, canceled or refused or when the person is disqualified from driving is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

HAHAHA Sorry never heard of it, Won't happen. This is probably my 7th or 6th time and i get issued a ticket and a court date. P.S. I have a warrant for missing a court date last year for the same thing... did i go to jail? Nope.

Quote Quoting azmattaz06
    View Post
    HAHAHA Sorry never heard of it, Won't happen. This is probably my 7th or 6th time and i get issued a ticket and a court date. P.S. I have a warrant for missing a court date last year for the same thing... did i go to jail? Nope.

Grow up.

Really.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting azmattaz06
    View Post
    That many tickets ... and yet you claim in another thread to be safer than 95% of the drivers on the road. Hmmm ...

So far you have been lucky. Eventually it will catch up to you. Only 18 and already set on a path of misadventure ... not an auspicious beginning to adulthood.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

End of Watch: Deputy Danny Oliver

End of Watch: Detective Michael Davis, Jr.

Start saving up your loose change for the commissary now.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

Ok first off i'm not 18, Second at court today they said "WE USED TO ARREST FOR DRIVING ON A SUSPENDED LICENSE, BUT WE DON'T ANYMORE, IT COST THE TAX PAYERS WAY TOO MUCH FOR SUCH A SMALL CRIME" SO HA

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast