Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do Class C Misdemeanors Appear on Your Criminal Record

I have two questions on the experts:
    1. will a Class C misd. charge that has been dismissed after deferred adjudication will be seen on a criminal record?

2. until the deferred adjudication period is NOT over yet, will it show on a criminal record ( same - Class C misd. charge, with no arrest)

3. the employers that run a complete background check - can they find there has been a charge, and how, and will they ?

Default Re: Do Class C Misdemeanors Appear on Your Criminal Record

You chose not to follow the instruction to identify your state, so you'll have to research the laws of your undisclosed state by yourself.

If you're asking about Texas, you could read one of the hundreds of threads addressing this issue: If you want your record expunged, once your Class C misdemeanor is dismissed move for expungement.

Employers find out about your criminal history from whatever public and/or private databases they use when they perform their background checks. Sometimes expunged records show up.

I am the one seeking an advice, but i ll have to disagree with you ( speaking from past experience), unless there was an arrest - it should not show on an arrest record, and if it is dismissed - it will not show on a criminal record. Also Government Agencies Employers do not use private database ....Expunged offenses will not show up unless there is a mistake in the system. I am 70% sure of that but i just needed confirmation from a board certified lawyer, and more tha one, because I already have it confirmed , by my personal lawyer, but it will never hurt, 2nd and 3rd opinion.

If you are the one seeking advice, it would be wise to identify the sate. If you seeking advice, then disagree with the advice given, well...that's your prerogative. Any arrest will show up on the background, misdemeanor or felony. Traffic related or criminal. I see everything from dropped cases to convictions. If the police agency reports the arrest, it goes in the database.

Quote Quoting viol8te
    View Post
    If you are the one seeking advice, it would be wise to identify the sate. If you seeking advice, then disagree with the advice given, well...that's your prerogative. Any arrest will show up on the background, misdemeanor or felony. Traffic related or criminal. I see everything from dropped cases to convictions. If the police agency reports the arrest, it goes in the database.
    State of Texas, no arrest, just a citation for Class C misdemeanor, deferred offer was accepted, and the 18o days period is over in 2 week. So - pulling an arrest record - nothing will show up, pulling acriminal record - nothing will show up, but digging deeper - for example contacting the Municipal Court - will possible show the charge , just by name and a birth date. Any truth to that?

If it's on the record, it's on the record. Regardless of your attorney says, you need to make sure that these arrests are hidden. You need to make sure that yoou follow an expungement process to insure that you past is hidden. Since you didn't post the state in question originally, I didn't know what to research. I gave you a general answer just like Knowitall. Generally an arrest or citation is documented and easy to find through a background check. That being the case, You need to find out if a citation goes on a background like an arrest would? Can you expunge it like you could an arrest? And, is there a time periond that you'd have to wait until you could petition for the relief?

We don't do citations. A misdemeanor wold mean an arrest. Therefore, I strongly suggest that you look outside your attorney in TX and inquire as to what a misdemeanor citation in TX really encompasses.

Quote Quoting viol8te
    View Post
    If it's on the record, it's on the record. Regardless of your attorney says, you need to make sure that these arrests are hidden. You need to make sure that yoou follow an expungement process to insure that you past is hidden. Since you didn't post the state in question originally, I didn't know what to research. I gave you a general answer just like Knowitall. Generally an arrest or citation is documented and easy to find through a background check. That being the case, You need to find out if a citation goes on a background like an arrest would? Can you expunge it like you could an arrest? And, is there a time periond that you'd have to wait until you could petition for the relief?

We don't do citations. A misdemeanor wold mean an arrest. Therefore, I strongly suggest that you look outside your attorney in TX and inquire as to what a misdemeanor citation in TX really encompasses.
    i have been doing a lot of researching, spoke to many different lawyers, and contacting the court myself. I m not trying to be rude. but you seem totally incompetent in what you are saying..."if it s on thje record, it s on the record...", ..."make sure you follow procedures....." well, duh.....it s not like I have 100s of options besides following one simple procedure for expunging. And I dont know know what kind of a layer you are, but i am junior in criminal justice, and NO- by definition - a misdemeanor does NOT mean an arrest. Bottom line is - I ll give u an answer to my own question because i seem more competent than you are in this case - unless they contact the specific municipal court, and request a record of a certain case number, or sometimes it can be pulled by name and DOB - they wont find it. A dismissed offense with no arrest , is not on an arrest record, neither on criminal.

...and you STILL haven't bothered to follow the simple instruction to disclose your state.

If you know everything already, why are you here, instead of talking to your "many different lawyers", oh all-knowing "junior in criminal justice"?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

What an ungrateful little prick

Quote Quoting joroludia
    View Post
    ..........I dont know know what kind of a layer you are, but i am junior in criminal justice, and NO- by definition - a misdemeanor does NOT mean an arrest. Bottom line is - I ll give u an answer to my own question because i seem more competent than you are in this case............
    What's a "layer"?

And how does a "junior in criminal justice" post with obvious 3rd grade grammar and punctuation?
    "Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death.
    There is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically without pity."
    Robert A. Heinlein

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast