Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to Fight a School Bus Stop Sign Ticket

So, I just got the same ticket, and I am starting to think this is a money maker for the city of Dallas. I counted at least 20 cars moving 6 lanes over from the school bus. As this attaches to the NTTA, I am wondering if I could challenge this ticket as it is part of a "controlled access highway" which is part of the law which says you don't have to stop. Either way, this is a crazy place for a bus to be stopping. I might challenge the ticket just to voice my concern for kids entering and exiting a school bus on a 55 mph 6 lane road. Thoughts? Fernando, were you successful?

Default Re: How to Fight a School Bus Stop Sign Ticket

For the record, I just went in for my requested hearing on this ticket and I was given a document clearing me of the violation before I even went to sit down with anyone. It said that there was no way I could have made a safe stop in that traffic. After counting 27 cars in the video passing the school bus, I believe this is a honey pot for this program and they are counting on people not protesting the fine and just paying it. It was really a pain, but the trip was worth it. My question is "why did I get this in the first place"? If someone had reviewed it prior to me getting it, they could have come to the same conclusion without me having to drive to Oak Cliff. Very fishy

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12