Question When Can a Level 3 Sex Offender Move

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maryland.

My question is my fiancee is sitting in jail in Maryland he got charged with a level 3 sex offense in MD , he gets out in 2 months an as soon as he gets out of jail they are transferring him back to his mothers house in Virginia ... She does NOT want him there, he wants to move back here in Wisconsin with me so is he able to move as soon as he gets out of jail ? How long would we have to wait? is there any restrictions ? an what all happens as soon as he is released from jail.

Default Re: When Can a Level 3 Sex Offender Move

Is he under some sort of community supervision post release? Then the DOC has 100% say in where he goes.
    If he's not, then there's not any restriction on where he goes as long as he complies with the registration requirements and the place he is moving to is not statutory restricted.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Is he under some sort of community supervision post release? Then the DOC has 100% say in where he goes.
    If he's not, then there's not any restriction on where he goes as long as he complies with the registration requirements and the place he is moving to is not statutory restricted.

it says he will be on probation for 3 years once he is released from jail whats DOC?? an what do you mean community supervision post release? maybe i should link his case an u can give me the details on what will happen?

DOC is the Department of Corrections. They have the final say on where he goes and under what conditions he must live under upon release. If mom does not want him, they will likely find alternative placement in or near the community where he is from. To transfer him to Wisconsin would likely require MD agreeing to do it, and WI agreeing to accept him. Now, what state is going to want the responsibility for a Tier III sex offender when they do not have to have him?!? WI is almost certain to reject any such request - and rightly so.

When he is released he will know more about his conditions and he will be able to find out how long he has to remain on supervised release before he can ask for a new placement or request an interstate transfer.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

I was reading an I thought he could move anywhere he wants ? I didn't think they could just force him to stay in the same spot the rest of his life god thats horrible !!!! An so so sooo unfair.

Quote Quoting justwondering1253
    View Post
    I was reading an I thought he could move anywhere he wants ? I didn't think they could just force him to stay in the same spot the rest of his life god thats horrible !!!! An so so sooo unfair.
    Unfair??? Unfair is what he did to his victim! Unfair is allowing him to be free after he has committed the most heinous of trauma upon someone else that will most likely scar that person for life! The fact that he is being released at all shows exceedingly gracious mercy! Hey, if he doesn't like it, he can refuse parole and remain in custody to serve out ALL of his time!

Understand that most of society has very little tolerance for sexual predators, and the fact that he will likely have to register for the remainder of his life will make him a pariah no matter where he goes. No other state is going to volunteer to take him in unless they have no choice ... and, until he is OFF parole, he is subject to the whims and the laws of MD.

Tier III - These registrants have been convicted in Maryland of a crime listed below or convicted in another jurisdiction of a Tier III offense. These registrants register for life.
    Assault with Intent to Rape, or Sexually Abuse - Art. 27 § 12A
    Child Kidnapping - Under the age of 12 or Abduction of a Child under 12 - Criminal Law Article, § 3-503 or Art. 27§§ 2, an 338
    Continuing Course of Conduct with a Child - Criminal Law Article, § 3-315
    False Imprisonment of a Minor - Common Law
    Forcible Sodomy - Criminal Law Article, § 3-321 or Art. 27 § 553
    Incest - Criminal Law Article, § 3-323 or Art. 27 § 335
    Kidnapping - Criminal Law Article, § 3-502 or Art. 27 § 337
    Murder w/ intent to Rape, Sexually Offend, or Sexually Abuse a Minor - Criminal Law Article, § 2-201(a)(4)(viii), (x), or (xi) or Art. 27 § 410
    1st Degree Rape - Criminal Law Article, § 3-303 or Art. 27 § 462
    2nd Degree Rape - Criminal Law Article, § 3-304 or Art. 27 § 463
    Sexual Abuse of a Minor - Criminal Law Article, § 3-602
    Sale of a Minor - Criminal Law Article, § 3-603 or Art. 27 § 35E
    1st Degree Sex Offense - Criminal Law Article, § 3-305 or Art. 27 § 464
    2nd Degree Sex Offense - Criminal Law Article, § 3-306 or Art. 27 § 464A
    3rd Degree Sex Offense - (force, threat, weapon, aided and abetted) - Criminal Law Article, § 3-307(a)(1) or Art. 27 § 464B(a)(1)
    3rd Degree Sex Offense - (victim who is mentally defective or incapacitated, or physically incapacitated) - Criminal Law Article, § 3-307(a)(2) or Art. 27 § 464B(a)(2)
    3rd Degree Sex Offense - Criminal Law Article, § 3-307(a)(3) or Art. 27 § 464B(a)(3)
    Sexual Conduct between a Correctional or DJS employee and an inmate or confined child - Criminal Law Article, § 3-314 or Art. 27 § 464G
    Forcible Unnatural or Perverted Practice - Criminal Law Article, § 3-322 or Art. 27 § 554
    Attempted 1st Degree Rape - Criminal Law Article, § 3-309 or Art. 27 § 464F(b)
    Attempted 2nd Degree Rape - Criminal Law Article, § 3-310 or Art. 27 § 464F(a)
    Attempted 1st Degree Sex Offense - Criminal Law Article, § 3-311 or Art. 27 § 464F(b)
    Attempted 2nd Degree Sex Offense - Criminal Law Article, § 3-312 or Art. 27 § 464F(a)
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

I know EXACTLY what happened I read the emails from the "little boy" he was 16 saying hes 18 an was BEGGING AN BEGGING my fiance to go be with him i never see anyone beg for someone so much this little stupid whore has done this to 12 guys in the past year I think he should be the one locked up NOT my fiance ... HES NOT INNOCENT HES A DIRTY ASS SLUT that begs for older men to **** him so he can then turn them in an get $$$$$ for his "trama" bullshit my fiance is innocent of this crime an I know what for a fact.

He was convicted ... apparently a jury did not buy his claim of "innocence."

What you THINK you know, and what actually happened, are likely very different. But, no one will be able to convince you otherwise because you are, I suppose, "in love."

But, the law is as it is. He is lucky to be getting out, and he will be subject to the whims of the state for the duration of his supervised release. You do not have to like it, but he has to live with it.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

1. Sponsored Links