Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Misdiagnosed

In the relationship between a patient and psychiatrist providing private and confidential information is therapeutic. Setting up a trusting therapeutic relationship usually takes time. The distrust you describe is likely to be due to giving too much information to someone you don't trust.

It is impossible to predict the real damage that could come from this. But I know it is not unusual for a patient to be concerned of harm when they distrust their doctor. So I encourage you to continue to find someone you trust.

You know the reason the movie "Aliens" was so popular? You are not the only person who has imagined the things we fear are "in us and all around us".

By the way, the descrimination is not just limited to the Dr's here.

A couple of months ago, I was told by my sister that I could put a password on my Social Security. So I called SS and asked if I could put a password on my SS file? Not knowing who I was, the nice lady on the phone said sure, just come on down to SS and someone will help you. So the next day I took a bus dowtown to go to the Social Security Office, took a number, waited my turn which was about a 45 minute wait.

When my turn came, I went in and a blond headed woman took me to a desk, asked for all my personal info, then she told me they no longer had the password feature. I asked since when? She said since yesterday. That if I wanted I could make it to where I'd have to come down in person whenever I wanted to make any changes. I don't drive, as this would have been a hassle for me to take a bus or cab to do this everytime I wanted to change something, such as an address, phone number etc.

When I got back home, I called SS in Washington DC, asking them if I could get a password? The lady in Washington took all my info, and sent me a letter and instructions on how to set up a password.

I just recently got my Housing Voucher, and I don't want to lose it. If I am forced to move out of Lincoln to escape the abuse like before, then I'll lose my voucher and be homeless again.

I wish to God I never moved back here now.

Quote Quoting deadlock
    View Post
    In the relationship between a patient and psychiatrist providing private and confidential information is therapeutic. Setting up a trusting therapeutic relationship usually takes time. The distrust you describe is likely to be due to giving too much information to someone you don't trust.

It is impossible to predict the real damage that could come from this. But I know it is not unusual for a patient to be concerned of harm when they distrust their doctor. So I encourage you to continue to find someone you trust.

You know the reason the movie "Aliens" was so popular? You are not the only person who has imagined the things we fear are "in us and all around us".
    My hysterectomy was way before "Aliens" the movie was ever made.

I will be telling my therapist that I will not be going back to that Dr, as I don't feel comfortable or safe with him. I am going to be seeking someone outside Lincoln. Many professionals here are cruel and cause more harm than good.

Please see your therapist about all these issues. Deadlock is upset with me about something totally unrelated to your thread or your question. Please don't be distracted from getting help because someone here has a different agenda. When I do an intake of a new client I conduct a thorough assessment which includes a history, when I do a forensic evaluation I have a 25 page questionaire. Sometimes these questionaires are completed by the client, sometimes they are completed in the interview, it is not being nosy, it is being thorough and may be the difference between receiving appropriate treatment in a timely manner or being frustrated. If you are on Medicare, your SSN is your ID number and often your insurance number, you don't have to supply your SSN, however it may interfere with processing of your insurance. Providers often use a generic form that covers all possibilities, so you might be asked for information that is required for another form of payment, you may also be asked to provide a picture ID to prove who you are because of insurance fraud and to insure your privacy.

Quote Quoting rmet4nzkx
    View Post
    Please see your therapist about all these issues.
    Ok, thank you

Quote Quoting Scott44
    View Post
    My hysterectomy was way before "Aliens" the movie was ever made.

I will be telling my therapist that I will not be going back to that Dr, as I don't feel comfortable or safe with him. I am going to be seeking someone outside Lincoln. Many professionals here are cruel and cause more harm than good.
    Sorry about the reference to Aliens. It was meant to say don't worry about the doctors response to your fear of the alien connection. His response to you was inappropriate and I shouldn't have tried to make light of it.

Quote Quoting deadlock
    View Post
    Sorry about the reference to Aliens. It was meant to say don't worry about the doctors response to your fear of the alien connection. His response to you was inappropriate and I shouldn't have tried to make light of it.
    It's ok. No hard feelings.

I felt alot of things inappropriate, that's why I went looking for outside advice. Yes, I'll discuss it with my therapist, as I should not have to feel I'm any less human just because I survived cancer, and have a mental illness.

Thanks for all your input and advice.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12